Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doggy cakes?

• 23-08-2011 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭

There was a thread here a while back from somebody who bakes their dogs little cakes and treats:D, had a quick search and can't find it.

It's our doggys birthday this weekend:)and I wanted to bake her something to mark the occasion. We also have my nephew and his new puppy coming to visit, so are having a bit of a canine party.:D

Can anybody remember who put up the original thread find it for a few recipes? Also ones that are puppy friendly, the little retriever is only 11weeks old.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Cheers, had been searching "dog cakes" should've thought of "dog bakes":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I had a thread up as well, typing on the phone so can't post a link but look through my past threads and you'l find it, dog recipes I think it was called. The liver cake I made went down very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

I make oat cakes for my guys and they go down a storm....

3 cups oatmeal
    1 1/2 cups wholewheat flour
    1 cup cold water
    1 tablespoon parsley
    2 egg yolks
    1 tablespoon baking soda

Just mix all together in a bowl, add a little extra water is a bit dry. Spoon onto a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 mins at 180c. Viola!

Here's a pic of my dog Jake on the 13th Birthday back in June with his 'cake'....

136.jpg

131.jpg

carleigh wrote: »

3 cups oatmeal
    1 cup cold water
    1 tablespoon parsley
    2 egg yolks
    1 tablespoon baking soda

Just mix all together in a bowl, add a little extra water is a bit dry. Spoon onto a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 mins at 180c. Viola!

Here's a pic of my dog Jake on the 13th Birthday back in June with his 'cake'....

136.jpg

131.jpg

They look brilliant!!
    Although I wouldn't do well to put candles on mine, my girl doesn't like candles/bbq etc so the candles would put her off!

• Advertisement

Zapperzy wrote: »
    I had a thread up as well, typing on the phone so can't post a link but look through my past threads and you'l find it, dog recipes I think it was called. The liver cake I made went down very well!

Love the sound of liver cake, she would love it.:D

She's particularly fond of lamb, so a lambs liver loaf might be the way to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

carleigh wrote: »

3 cups oatmeal
    1 cup cold water
    1 tablespoon parsley
    2 egg yolks
    1 tablespoon baking soda

136.jpg

131.jpg

They sound and look good enough for me to eat! :D Love the photos! :D
    Love the sound of liver cake, she would love it.:D

She's particularly fond of lamb, so a lambs liver loaf might be the way to go!

I must warn you though it stinks making it and I have a diabolical sense of smell. Also if you have a weak stomach then liquidising liver isin't too appealing! :p Goes down a treat though, I froze mine and just take some out when I need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I made cupcakes for mine and a carrot cake. Cupcakes where topped off with cream cheese and a slice of denta stick. Honey not sugar and rice flour instead of regular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Sigma force, your recipe was a big hit for my dogs (and my daughter:D)
    We didn't ice them though. dogs weren't fussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Sigma force....Is there an alternative to the banana in the cupcakes? I'd love to make them but I'm allergic (also, no peanut butter and I've a nut allergy too!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My dog has been having a dodgy tummy the last week or so - i decided earlier to switch him to RC sensitivity while I figure out what's causing the prob. Anyhoos in case it's a treat he's getting at home I made treats with some of the kibble lol. I ground up 2 cups of food and added almost 1 cup of water - just enough to make it come together, rolled and cut it and then baked at 350/Gas 4 for an hour. They're a bit rough around the edges but he doesn't mind! :D

172314.jpg

Advertisement