Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact lens fitting-where to?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I'm wearing glasses but would like to use contact lenses. Where to go if I want get the lens fitting done for reasonable service and price? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Specsavers aren't bad I used to use them but now I buy all my lenses on line much cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭janmc

KK Specsavers have an offer on at mo - free fitting and 7 day trial of contacts. I *think* it's ending this week though so worth giving them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Thank you guys! I'd like to buy online as well, but don't have prescription. IIRC the lenses on offer are free, but if you don't have prescription you have to pay a standard eye test price. How much is that 30ish??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

For fitting, apparently the best service is Dore's on High St, but probably cheaper buy online after that. Dore's are supposed to be quite a bit better than specsavers, but a bit more expensive too.

Thank you to all! One more thing: once I have the prescription do I need get the lens fitting done as well or can I order lenses straightaway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

The prescription and the fitting are more or less the same thing. Once the optician is happy that the type of lenses that you've tried out are the right ones for your eyes and that you can put them in by yourself, you can do what you want.

Went to SS on Friday, no prescription given to me but I've been waiting the trial lenses. Once I pop in for collecting, have to ask for it.

Advertisement