Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferral

• 23-08-2011 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi,
    I want to defer my course but I do not know what to do. I've checked the cao and my college allows a deferral but I am unsure how to go about it. Who do I address the letter to, what exactly do I say in the letter, etc. It's UCD.
    Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ihavenoname

Well i just deferred today for trinity and i presume its the same as ucd! What i did was just write a letter asking for a deferral with my reasons and attached my offer sheet that came in the post and sent it to admissions office at trinity. Im sure if you go onto the UCD website there will be an address for their admissions office just make sure to send it as soon as possible as it must be in 2 days before the date on the offer sheet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to write it, or about the reasons and stuff? I was planning on saying I want to get some work experience in that area, learn a bit more about it, and to improve on the language I'm doing, as well as just to get a bit older. :rolleyes:

And I'll probably add that I want to earn a bit of money for college. And maybe do some volunteer work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MeganM

Sarah? wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to write it, or about the reasons and stuff? I was planning on saying I want to get some work experience in that area, learn a bit more about it, and to improve on the language I'm doing, as well as just to get a bit older. :rolleyes:

And I'll probably add that I want to earn a bit of money for college. And maybe do some volunteer work. :)

I deferred my course in NUIG last year, basically wrote the same stuff, need time to earn some money for college, study more, time for maturing.
    I also waffled a little and added in how much I was looking forward to attending their most fabulous establishment the following year ;), worked out grand!

Advertisement