Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for GAA in Melbourne

Options
  • 23-08-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where people head for the big GAA matches, looking for somewere to watch the Dublin v Donegal match on Sunday. Been in Melbourne for a while but usually watch them at home. I suppose PJ's is the big one, maybe the quiet man if it's still open. Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hi,

Just arrived in Melbs a few weeks ago, thinking of Elephant and Wheelbarrow, although never been.. where else will show it, Bridie O'Reilly's in Prahran? not too sure of Irish bars here, havent been to one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

The quietman will definitely be open. That would be my preferred choice, wouldn't watch it in The Elephant and Wheelbarrow but thats just my opinion!

You've got great food, good Guinness, and a big screen in the Quietman - What more could you want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

I really like the quietman but will they be showing it that late as it's a 12.30 ko? only really been there early afternoon to evening time on Sundays. The food there is great so would like to make a day of it!

I was thinking of the elephant just today but my housemate says sometime they don't have the sound on which isn't the best outcome to watch a semi-final.

Haven't made it to Bridies yet so don't know what that would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

I watched the cork mayo match (1am k.o.) in the quietman unfortunately :( They will definitely be showing it. Great place for a day session!

Will definitely watch the final there - hopefully the dubs v kerry (no offence if you're a donegal fan!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

the quietman in flemington

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

I ended up in the Elephant and Wheelbarrow... big screen and lots of sound, was great! full of knackers though and very cringy Irish, bit of an embarrassment really, but good to see the game... just glad Donegal lost cos there were a group of lads giving my table stick all night... until they lost.. then they caused a fight. Cringe.

Advertisement