Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for best ISP in Wexford Town

• 23-08-2011 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me out with finding the best ISP in Wexford town.

Have been with Eircom forever but currently getting rubbish speeds.

Wimax sounds ok, but E100 upfront fee putting me off a bit.

Wish UPC was available :(

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There aren't many options in Wexford. Imagine Wimax is not broadband, so don't go thinking it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TV4Ever

eircom retail and Magnet should be offering services in Wexford Town soon.
    No idea what services will be offered or what the price will be but take a look at the eircom fibre trial and see if you are in the coverage area (www.fibrepilot.ie)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

There's a local bunch, Rocket Broadband.
    http://www.rocketbroadband.ie/

They use fixed wireless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

daffy_duc wrote: »
    There's a local bunch, Rocket Broadband.
    http://www.rocketbroadband.ie/

They use fixed wireless.

Avoid like the plague,there's threads here about them and the terrible service plus I've spoken to people who've had it and they'd never go back to them.

Eircom will be rolling out their high speed 100mb service in Wexford this month so maybe wait and see can you get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

By far the best ISP in wexford - Carnsore Broadband.

Don't get put off by their website! Needs to be updated by the looks of it. I've had a good few different ISP's (skytel, eircom, WiMax :/) and they are miles ahead of them all. They all offer speeds "up to" 8mb etc. Carnesore tells you what you'll get, and that's what you'll get. (10-15mb)

Delighted with their service so far, definitely recommend giving them a call.

€30 pm + €90 installation

• Advertisement
Advertisement