Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dinner in letterkeny

Options
  • 23-08-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi!

Was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a nice place to have dinner in letterkenny?

Somewhere to have just a quiet main course, and a place that doesnt cost too much! :-P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

lila44 wrote: »
    Hi!

Was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a nice place to have dinner in letterkenny?

Somewhere to have just a quiet main course, and a place that doesnt cost too much! :-P

La Fantasia out by the dry arch. An Italian I can't recommend enough, and for what you get the price is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

The Orchard is a good spot also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

La Fantasia out by the dry arch. An Italian I can't recommend enough, and for what you get the price is very good.
    Agreed, but can get very busy, and service gets slow at those times.

The Yellow Pepper is very good also.
    Roughly €15-€20 for a main, with steaks around €20 - €25.
    It's on the main street so no car needed.

Pique wrote: »
    Agreed, but can get very busy, and service gets slow at those times

True,you would need to book a table also.

Just when you mentioned steaks,la fantasia steaks are huge!

Pats on the square is also a nice place I find, was there at the start of the summer and really enjoyed it.

The brewery, on the square also, is a nice spot for lunch, not sure if they do dinner mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

If you're a fan of Indian food the Chilli Shaker on Pearse Road is well worth a visit. Great food and service

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

any of those places byo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Most if not all restaurants in letterkenny have their own licence and so i doubt you can bring your own in any of them...but i'm open to correction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

Think a few places do, but you would need to ask first and the corkage (the fee they charge for the privilege) could make it more expensive than it's worth

any of those places byo ?

La fantasia is, €5 corkage.

Shapla is nice also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 92 DL SAM

Ye canney beat the lemon tree.

The yella pepper is a balls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Is The Cottage on the Port Rd. still open?

They used to be very reasonable, and the food was excellent.

Advertisement