Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kiki, get some tissues ready.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

They all seem to be using that very same paint/water - splatter animation in all of their advertisements these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Better late than never, but next summer, seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Get hype to play this for a week lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Speed Boat wrote: »
    Get hype to play this for a week lads.

Just like 3S.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Too late.

I'm more likely to be playing Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code Ver. 1.07 on PC, since that'll be out on 31. December THIS YEAR.

Or, y'know. 3S, SF4, some form of TEKKEN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'm hype for this game. Ret's go!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Too late.

I'm more likely to be playing Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code Ver. 1.07 on PC, since that'll be out on 31. December THIS YEAR.

Or, y'know. 3S, SF4, some form of TEKKEN.

In that case, never mention Virtua Fighter again, because in general nobody here really likes it and you're ****e at it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Just like 3S.

blasphemy

In that case, never mention Virtua Fighter again, because in general nobody here really likes it and you're ****e at it anyway.
    I'd probably body you though.

On 360 pad.
    Despite learning stick.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'd probably body you though.

On 360 pad.
    Despite learning stick.

Someone loan me the game and let me practise for a week or two and I'd be confident of winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

kiki you bodied chunkis once, your legend died there.
    leave it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Placebo wrote: »
    kiki you bodied chunkis once, your legend died there.

He should play Soul Calibur then

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Someone loan me the game and let me practise for a week or two and I'd be confident of winning.

IT'S ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sandwich match confirmed. I have it on 360 somewhere if you want a loan chopper.

Yes please.

Might even drop in to casuals tomorrow to collect it.

"SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON - May 14, 2012 - SEGA® of America Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that the console release date and retail price for Virtua Fighter™ 5 Final Showdown. The stand-alone downloadable 3D fighting game is set to make its console debut on June 5 for PlayStation®Network and June 6 for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will be priced at $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 for PSN and 1,200 Microsoft Points for XBLA.

Character customization DLC packs will be available immediately upon launch for all 19 fighters, with each character customization pack costing $4.99/ £3.59/ AUD$6.25/ €4.49 for PSN and 400 Microsoft Points for XBLA, and will contain 600-950 customization items. Two additional customization packs, consisting of nine characters’ worth of DLC items and the other with 10 characters’ worth, will also be available at launch for $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 each on PSN and 1,200 Microsoft Points each on XBLA.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown brings the latest arcade version of the Virtua Fighter 5 series to consoles worldwide, adding two new characters—Virtua Fighter 3 favorite Taka-Arashi and newcomer Jean Kujo—and dynamic and interactive fighting arenas. Console-only features include a robust and detailed Training Mode, eight player Online Room Match Mode, and a match record feature to replay, save, and upload fights. Developed by AM2, the console version of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will bring the storied franchise’s detailed balance, overhauled fighting mechanics, and extreme depth to new audiences and VF veterans alike in the acclaimed series’ best version yet."

Found this on SRK and NeoGaf earlier.

That's some pretty good pricing if it's a stand-alone game and doesn't require the regular disc copy of VF5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Great price alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Ya pay for quality, therefore it must be **** if its so cheap unlike hobnob cookies. I was thinking about making a thread on how godlike those cookies are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

The Hound wrote: »
    Ya pay for quality

SFxT cost £40.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

SFxT cost £40.
    I really like SFxT. Sure it has its problems but I still think its fun.

• Advertisement

So when you wanna do this chopper?

eGYqsl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, I'm massively looking forward to this. I may give up my faithful SF focus towards VF now. Its seriously in depth. That said, I am a Sega fanboy so anything Sega is always awesome! :pac:

If there is enough interest (which I unfortunately suspect, there will not be), I'd be willing to set up tournaments for this. SF players can be found all over the place but true hardcore VF players, I just can't seem to find them :(. Net play is still out of the question for me so I'll be doing my VF training, arcade style :pac: which basically means, again, if there is interest, VF casuals at least every two weeks.

Oh and the great thing about VF, once you've tried to pull off some crazy combos (or simple combos which are hard to execute like my eternal enemy, Akira's Dragon Lance) and go back to SF, you feel like a total legend, pulling off FADCs, 1-frame links and generally going insane because VF made you so good! Or bad, very bad, but thats just because you're probably **** at fighting games and thats the end of it...

Quick heads-up: I will have to let chopper get some practice postpone due to a family visit.

On the plus side, we can probably get this recorded.

Advertisement