Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Satelitte

• 23-08-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

Do UPC do a satellitte TV service in Waterford? there are a lot of high trees in and around my house. I know years ago, they used aerial. If that is what they use then I dont think signal will get through. DOesnt say on web-site.

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

UPC run in a cable, Sky use satelittes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

Max Powers wrote: »
    Do UPC do a satellitte TV service in Waterford? there are a lot of high trees in and around my house. I know years ago, they used aerial. If that is what they use then I dont think signal will get through. DOesnt say on web-site.

Ta
    I don't think so. UPC is a cable television company.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

UPC actually run on a cable network only in Waterford city centre, however if you are outside the city then MMDS could well be available?(Aerial on roof etc as per previous post)

Give them a ring to find out either way.....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

UPC also do mesh dish service (atleast they used to when it was Chorus/NTL), least they do in non cable areas.

Doubt they'd do it in cable areas as would make no sense to put in place both services

In short, UPC are cable in waterford :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Cabaal wrote: »
    UPC also do mesh dish service (atleast they used to when it was Chorus/NTL), least they do in non cable areas.

Doubt they'd do it in cable areas as would make no sense to put in place both services

In short, UPC are cable in waterford :)

90% of places in town with the exception of Lacken Wood has Tv, Phone and broadband. Lacken Wood has tv only aswell as a few other places and is run through the MMDS Ariel network :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Elbows22 wrote: »
    90% of places in town with the exception of Lacken Wood has Tv, Phone and broadband. Lacken Wood has tv only aswell as a few other places and is run through the MMDS Ariel network :)

Anddddddd Bracken Grove :D I think were getting it soon because they dug up the road in two places, ran a cable across the road and put down a upc box(has upc cover) on either side of the road in both those places. Must have put down the cabling since the old trmaore road was dug up. We had the ariel version by the way OP, but upc tv was crap imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Doylers wrote: »
    Anddddddd Bracken Grove :D I think were getting it soon because they dug up the road in two places, ran a cable across the road and put down a upc box(has upc cover) on either side of the road in both those places. Must have put down the cabling since the old trmaore road was dug up. We had the ariel version by the way OP, but upc tv was crap imo.

Sorry i meant Bracken Grove :)
    pm me your address and il have a look for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Other than Sky, does anyone know any alternatives for TV, for someone living in the back ass of nowhere. Interested in internet supply too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Max Powers wrote: »
    Do UPC do a satellitte TV service in Waterford?

Only in parts of Eastern Europe I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Thats put that idea to bed, thanks one and all

• Advertisement
Advertisement