Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the old oak thread?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Was it moved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Looks like it has been deleted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

MissRetro wrote: »

No we had our own one here with some interesting comments in it.

cork45 wrote: »
    No we had our own one here with some interesting comments in it.

Which is probably why it has been deleted. Possibly being "tidied up" before making a re-appearance...I suspect this thread will go the same way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Presumably it was deemed too risky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,902 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

fúcking joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭SayWhaaat

I made some VERY serious comments about my personal life in order to get a point accross in that thread! Delete any homophobic comments that were posted but the thread itself? What kind of joke is this?

Why censor it at all? It was an interesting thread. Your comments will now mean less if the whole flow is ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

SayWhaaat wrote: »
    I made some VERY serious comments about my personal life in order to get a point accross in that thread! Delete any homophobic comments that were posted but the thread itself? What kind of joke is this?
    There is no such thing as free speech on here. If the mods don't like it they pull it.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Some of the comments were truely awful, perhaps the fact that they were posted late last night and in the early hours of this morning has some bearing. A whiff of alcohol combined with a smell of bigotry is a foul atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭SayWhaaat

Ludo wrote: »
    Why censor it at all? It was an interesting thread. Your comments will now mean less if the whole flow is ruined.

I completely agree. But if anything was to be deleted I would have assumed it would be homophobic comments to go against the charter or some rule. I prefer them to be there to give reason why I replied.

Very dissapointed in the Mod who deleted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Probably easiest and best to keep to the thread in LGBT forums.

Easier to moderate one thread, instead of numerous ones across boards.

Each forum has at least one moderator so that is not an issue. The LGBT thread was quite small this morning while the one here was already 5/6 pages. Deleting it is a joke as others have said. Not the first time this has happenned in this forum either rather than editing threads to remove offending posts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,902 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Old Oak wrote: »
    official statement from both parties involved:

Joint Statement re incident in Old Oak – Friday 19th into Saturday 20th August 2011

We, the parties involved in the incident last Friday night, met today, 23rd
    August, to discuss the events which occurred.

After deliberations and discussions both parties accepted and conceded that mistakes were made by all involved.

The Old Oak apologised for any offence which was taken, but stressed that no offence whatsoever was meant or intended as we are not and never have been anti Gay.

Equally the couple involved, who wish to remain anonymous, accepted that they could have handled matters in a better way.

Both parties look forward to continuing good relations and custom.

Interesting read - reading between the lines that is.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I urge Castie to come out and say why the thread was deleted.
    There could be some dodgy comments but surely they could just be tidied up.

There was nothing in the main body of the post that hadn't been said on Red FM or in the Echo anyway.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I urge Castie to come out and say why the thread was deleted.
    There could be some dodgy comments but surely they could just be tidied up.

There was nothing in the main body of the post that hadn't been said on Red FM or in the Echo anyway.

There was more than one comment that broke the boards charter though.

So a couple of borderline posts and one other which probably broke the site rules results in a 6 page thread being deleted? Over reaction of the highest order, just laziness or, judging by the lack of mod comment on this thread, I imagine our moderator isn't around enought to be able to do the job on his own.

This whole thread is in breach of the charter yet here we are...free gaff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

maybe 'legal advice' 'old oak' 'homophobes' in the same sentence gave castie the shakes..

There was more than one comment that broke the boards charter though.

Delete the comment - not the thread....
    That's what happens in other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Killr

Now you can accuse boards.ie of being homophobic

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    So a couple of borderline posts and one other which probably broke the site rules results in a 6 page thread being deleted? Over reaction of the highest order, just laziness or, judging by the lack of mod comment on this thread, I imagine our moderator isn't around enought to be able to do the job on his own.

This whole thread is in breach of the charter yet here we are...free gaff :D
    Delete the comment - not the thread....
    That's what happens in other places.

I started the thread wondering if it was moved, I thought it was and I couldn't find it.

If you have a prob with the mod pm them, why do it here?

I started the thread wondering if it was moved, I thought it was and I couldn't find it.

If u have a problem with a post PM me - why do it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

This is a forum, we discuss things here.

This is a forum, we discuss things here.

I didn't realize the mods decisions were up for discussion as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭CrystalLettuce

I didn't realize the mods decisions were up for discussion as well.

Really, they should be. Boards mods have an awful reputation and it's **** like this that's why. If they suddenly pull important threads people are going to get upset. Remember their board is nothing without it's posters.

If u have a problem with a post PM me - why do it here?

No problem. Just pointing out there doesn't appear to be one around. Maybe it's time to add a second one for more coverage.

Didn't Faith become a Mod for the Cork City Forum a while back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Looks like its been sorted, so no further discussion is needed id say. Just blown out of proportion as usual. Let it go, unless any of ye were there at the time........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭CrystalLettuce

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Looks like its been sorted, so no further discussion is needed id say. Just blown out of proportion as usual. Let it go, unless any of ye were there at the time........

No, it hasn't been sorted actually. The "statement" was a cop out and there was a load of bull**** with them saying gays were okay, as long as they weren't kissing. But it isn't discrimination, because they don't approve of kissing in general. Meanwhile they have photos up of straight people kissing, most of which they were "careful" to remove around this time, hmm...

It's bull****, and I don't like the implications of "Blown out of proportion as usual".

• Advertisement

It's bull****, and I don't like the implications of "Blown out of proportion as usual".[/QUOTE]

I have to say that I agree. "There's something funny going on, I can just feel it in the air"- Bob Dylan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement