Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the old oak thread?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Just blown out of proportion as usual.

Care to clarify the "as usual"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

No, it hasn't been sorted actually. The "statement" was a cop out and there was a load of bull**** with them saying gays were okay, as long as they weren't kissing. But it isn't discrimination, because they don't approve of kissing in general. Meanwhile they have photos up of straight people kissing, most of which they were "careful" to remove around this time, hmm...

It's bull****, and I don't like the implications of "Blown out of proportion as usual".

I think you will find that it is sorted, stop being offended when there is no need to be, just live your life and relax

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

So they think it is all over because they have come to an agreement with the couple in question (probably in exchange for a pay out), but I know for a fact that they have done this before over the years. But I guess people don't want to go pulling up past grievances in case it appears petty or that they are simply hopping on the bandwagon etc..... One thing I do have to say is hopefully this whole thing will act as a warning to other establishments throughout the country, because I have personally encountered the same treatment in other cities around the country. Old Oak actually seemed to be more fair about it - They didn't let 2 guys kiss, but on previous occasions they have stopped lesbian couples as well... The bouncers in one club in Galway city stop gay guys from kissing, but when a lesbian couple kiss, they take pictures on their camera phones!!! The female bouncer in this same club once told me that she was keeping an eye on me cos she saw me and a guy kissing in the smoking area and that we were not to do it again. She also said that she was gonna keep an eye on us to make sure that we didn't go to the toilet at the same time!!!! Because that is all that gay guys want to do - have sex in public toilets!! Come on like, does she actually believe that?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Dan Dare wrote: »
    Didn't Faith become a Mod for the Cork City Forum a while back?

Yeah, but I haven't been a mod here for a few months now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Ludo 7 day ban for criticising mod decisions. (not the first time)

The thread was deleted because it went two ways.
    Firstly there was a lot of gay bashing and then it descended into organising a protest.

Both are not allowed and as such the thread served no more purpose and was deleted.

Cork45, Any queries regarding threads moving or being deleted you pm a mod.

Same goes for everyone else.
    Just because someone starts questioning a mods decision does not mean theres immunity in that thread.

I have deleted references to the old oak statement as it breaches boards.ie terms and conditions for offical representatives of companies.

I am closing this thread now.
    Any questions PM me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement