Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egret 3 Candy Cab

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just whatever you do...don't, I repeat, don't...connect it to the internet :D

But how will I get any por.., ehh email without the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    But how will I get any por.., ehh email without the internet?

Is your dirty email worth a Nuclear Holocaust? :D

Is your dirty email worth a Nuclear Holocaust? :D

In HiDef it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Expect a call from Sarah Connor any moment Steve.

You might want to put some kevlar over that Egret.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Expect a call from Sarah Connor any moment Steve.

You might want to put some kevlar over that Egret.

Apparently this fella is doing' the rounds looking for him too

t100035jt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ah I'm going to have to go watch that film again now, been too long since I've seen it. Love the one handed shotgun reloading while on the bike. Dammit starting to remember all the cool bits in it, so many. Ooh the first meeting of T's in the hallway. Total Recall is due another watch too. :D

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Ah I'm going to have to go watch that film again now, been too long since I've seen it. Love the one handed shotgun reloading while on the bike. Dammit starting to remember all the cool bits in it, so many. Ooh the first meeting of T's in the hallway. Total Recall is due another watch too. :D

Stunning film, I try to watch it no more than once a year or so...I've ruined too many films by overwatching/seeing them too many times.

Total Recall is very good though, though that's due a Hollywood lick of paint soon isn't it...expect pain!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Total Recall is very good though, though that's due a Hollywood lick of paint soon isn't it...expect pain!

Ugh I hope not. Those films only work because Arnie is in them and he's too old for remakes these days. Probably the only film I can watch over and over without ruining is Jaws, prob my all time fav. Robert Shaw as Quint is one of the best characters in any movie imo.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Ugh I hope not. Those films only work because Arnie is in them and he's too old for remakes these days. Probably the only film I can watch over and over without ruining is Jaws, prob my all time fav. Robert Shaw as Quint is one of the best characters in any movie imo.

Yeah, they're shooting it at the moment and it's got Colin Farrell as Quaid.
    No Mars though as its based more on the book than the old film. So no mad poppy eye balls :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Love Jaws, what a film. T2 is classic aswell. I was reading there yesterday Arnie and Bruce willis are going to have bigger parts in the second expendables film.

• Advertisement

Just putting some of the parts into the new pc I'm building at the moment.

I was going to use the same type of CPU heatsink in the Hyperspin PC that's going in the Egret 3 but jesus the thing is massive, and I mean massive.

It will barely fit in the huge case I have for this pc.
    I'm not sure how well it would work mounted to a bit of MDF :eek:

I'm going to have to find a much smaller but equally as good and silent heatsink for the hyperspin pc now.
    Anyone using anything particularly good on their MAME/Hyperspin PC?

Few pics below that sort of show how big it is, but it's even bigger in person (duurty minds, stop it :D)

99286541.jpg

69063644.jpg

52878919.jpg

Ronnie got back to me.

550 euro for the new monitor and 360 euro for the control panel.

Ouch!

And it looks like he wants me to pay for it all, so not sure what the benefit of him getting them for me is.

Master of the Universe

Wait a minute, didn't he send you the wrong control panel? Why do you have to pay?

Wait a minute, didn't he send you the wrong control panel? Why do you have to pay?

yeah, I am wondering the same thing :confused:

Maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick. I've sent him an email asking for clarity on who pays for what.

Ronnie got back to me.

550 euro for the new monitor and 360 euro for the control panel.

Ouch!

And it looks like he wants me to pay for it all, so not sure what the benefit of him getting them for me is.

So hang on a minute, you ordered, specced & paid for a Candy Cab
    Cab arrives, incorrectly specced, & with a noticeable fault.
    And now your being hit with a bill, to rectify said failures?

I know Ronnie has normally a great rep, but this story would put me off every getting involved in this kind of transaction with him. Paypal claims have to be filed within a certain time limit too...just so you know & Ronnie isn't stalling you (unintentionally of course)

Master of the Universe

but this story would put me off every getting involved in this kind of transaction with him.

+1.

If I'm ever in a position to buy another candy cab it certainly won't be from him after this.

The monitor is debatable as it could have been damaged in transit. But the control panel was 100% his fault. That should be replaced free, no arguement.

And if he wants the 4 button CP back he should also pay the return shipping on it.

So hang on a minute, you ordered, specced & paid for a Candy Cab
    Cab arrives, incorrectly specced, & with a noticeable fault.
    And now your being hit with a bill, to rectify said failures?

I know Ronnie has normally a great rep, but this story would put me off every getting involved in this kind of transaction with him. Paypal claims have to be filed within a certain time limit too...just so you know & Ronnie isn't stalling you (unintentionally of course)

Well, just to be clear as maybe I haven't mentioned it.

I knew the control panel was incorrect before it was shipped, but we agreed that he would sort it out for me and we would do a swap as otherwise it would have taken him a couple of months to get one for me(it had already taken a long time to track down the new(wrong) control panel as it was).

I only got a picture from him of the finished control panel a day before it was due to ship. Thats when I noticed he'd ordered and installed the wrong one and I flagged it with him.

I think I'm going to accept that replacement monitor he sent me the picture of as I'm just pissed off with all this messing around and want this whole thing to be finished with.

+1.

If I'm ever in a position to buy another candy cab it certainly won't be from him after this.

The monitor is debatable as it could have been damaged in transit. But the control panel was 100% his fault. That should be replaced free, no arguement.

And if he wants the 4 button CP back he should also pay the return shipping on it.

100% agree, I'd never fault him on the monitor issue because as you said, these things are kind of accepted/expected when shipping cabs overseas. However, his aftercare towards Steve has been horrendous, even moreso given the money spent & the potential of further large orders.

It's aftercare where a business shines, & I suppose it was good of Steve to keep us posted all the way through so far. Real eye opener.

Telling Steve to 'go ring xyz & they'll sort you out' just isn't acceptable. The cab was bought from Ronnie, & it should be Ronnie or his colleagues dealing with any matters.

The control panel should be of no cost to Steve, & that includes return postage.

The monitor again, tough one to call...but I believe a paying customer has certain rights regardless of their technical knowledge. The monitor in my opinion, given the price in total, was unacceptably either set up or flawed. If it was a €200/300 euro cab, then yeah you win some you lose some. But this is a Candy Cab in excess of €1000...certain tact should be applied here from a retailers point of view.

Again, I genuinely feel you've a good consumer case OP. If you've kept all the correspondance, then he'll have a tough time explaining to PayPal why he's justified.

Well, just to be clear as maybe I haven't mentioned it.

I knew the control panel was incorrect before it was shipped, but we agreed that he would sort it out for me and we would do a swap as otherwise it would have taken him a couple of months to get one for me(it had already taken a long time to track down the new(wrong) control panel as it was).

I only got a picture from him of the finished control panel a day before it was due to ship. Thats when I noticed he'd ordered and installed the wrong one and I flagged it with him.

Hmm, I think in hindsight you'll probably admit this wasn't the best idea. But to be fair to you, his reputation as far as I ever knew was pretty solid up until this so who knows.
    Steve SI wrote:
    I think I'm going to accept that replacement monitor he sent me the picture of as I'm just pissed off with all this messing around and want this whole thing to be finished with.

And pay for it? Forgive me dude but your mad if you do...you'll have paid over €1500 at that rate. Depending on his next communication (I'd at least give him until then, as it could be just a misunderstanding) my next stop would be a paypal claim for a full refund, or at the very least to wake Ronnie up & start looking after you. Disaster scanario, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

It really makes dealing with Mitch etc a much rounder, safer, & genuine experience when you hear this stuff.

100% agree, I'd never fault him on the monitor issue because as you said, these things are kind of accepted/expected when shipping cabs overseas. However, his aftercare towards Steve has been horrendous, even moreso given the money spent & the potential of further large orders.

It's aftercare where a business shines, & I suppose it was good of Steve to keep us posted all the way through so far. Real eye opener.

Telling Steve to 'go ring xyz & they'll sort you out' just isn't acceptable. The cab was bought from Ronnie, & it should be Ronnie or his colleagues dealing with any matters.

The control panel should be of no cost to Steve, & that includes return postage.

The monitor again, tough one to call...but I believe a paying customer has certain rights regardless of their technical knowledge. The monitor in my opinion, given the price in total, was unacceptably either set up or flawed. If it was a €200/300 euro cab, then yeah you win some you lose some. But this is a Candy Cab in excess of €1000...certain tact should be applied here from a retailers point of view.

Again, I genuinely feel you've a good consumer case OP. If you've kept all the correspondance, then he'll have a tough time explaining to PayPal why he's justified.

Yeah, I've kept everything and when things started to go a bit pear shaped I created a folder and have all his emails in there as I had a feeling I might need them.

• Advertisement

Hmm, I think in hindsight you'll probably admit this wasn't the best idea. But to be fair to you, his reputation as far as I ever knew was pretty solid up until this so who knows.

And pay for it? Forgive me dude but your mad if you do...you'll have paid over €1500 at that rate. Depending on his next communication (I'd at least give him until then, as it could be just a misunderstanding) my next stop would be a paypal claim for a full refund, or at the very least to wake Ronnie up & start looking after you. Disaster scanario, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

It really makes dealing with Mitch etc a much rounder, safer, & genuine experience when you hear this stuff.

Yeah, in hindsight I wouldn't do it again, but as you say his reputation was very very good. I do have emails from him agreeing to change the control panel for me and have been chasing him up constantly.

As for the monitor I meant I would accept the used one(with the slight imperfection) and not the new one. So the monitor would be free, and he will cover postage on it.

And if it all goes completely tits up I will have absolutely no problem hopping on a plane and flying over for the weekend and paying him a visit :D

I'm generally a nice chilled out guy but when I'm pissed off and someone has really wronged me I will destroy them(without resorting to violence of course) :eek::eek::D:D

Well, Ronnie got back to me on who pays what with regards to the control panel.
    If you want this new one, you can buy it yourself at riverservice.
    If you send me the one back which is on I will refund you the 75 euro + shipping for it..

Master of the Universe

Well on the plus side, at least you currently have a (somewhat) functioning monitor and didn't take delivery last November :p

Well, Ronnie got back to me on who pays what with regards to the control panel.

So basically send him back the existing one, he refunds you €75 + postage...& fugg off? Charming stuff.

Well on the plus side, at least you currently have a (somewhat) functioning monitor and didn't take delivery last November :p

Two months to go, I shall be powering down my cabs in honour of yours :(

I have a question. If some emailed you with the below text before you agreed to a sale what would you expect to happen if you were in my shoes?

Be honest with me, am I asking to much for him to sort out the panel for me.

"We can do two things, i can punch in some more holes or send you the cab like this. When you or I find a 2l12b panel we switch the panels, I only have to sell the 2l8b panel"

Master of the Universe

So basically send him back the existing one, he refunds you €75 + postage...& fugg off? Charming stuff.

I don't understand this. From what I've read, it seems that the the 6 button CP swap was included in part of the deal.

So he should be sending it back to Ronnie and then getting a new CP sent out to him instead.

Telling him to go by it himself not only puts Steve out of additional money, but goes back on the original deal.
    Two months to go, I shall be powering down my cabs in honour of yours :(

Fingers crossed by then I'll be powering on a new cab in celebration!

I don't understand this. From what I've read, it seems that the the 6 button CP swap was included in part of the deal.

So he should be sending it back to Ronnie and then getting a new CP sent out to him instead.

Telling him to go by it himself not only puts Steve out of additional money, but goes back on the original deal.

Fingers crossed by then I'll be powering on a new cab in celebration!

Whats the problem with your cab anyway o1s1n?

Is it anything a new monitor would fix, perhaps one with some geometry issues around the edges :p

I have a question. If some emailed you with the below text before you agreed to a sale what would you expect to happen if you were in my shoes?

Be honest with me, am I asking to much for him to sort out the panel for me.

Sounds to me like he was offering you a free exchange when he came across one. Presumeably he went ahead & billed you for the six button panel, gave you the wrong one to get you by on while he waited for a 6 button to appear. At that stage, you send the wrong one back, he then sells it on, & sends you the correct one. Would that be right?

Yep same here, he's being double charged for it, in my understanding of the agreement.

• Advertisement

At this stage I think I'd be happy just to get a decent monitor and chassis sent to me, with him covering all the costs involved and just sort out the panel myself.

Again, my problem is getting the thing installed in my cab. No point in getting a nice monitor if i feck it up or don't know how to set it up properly.

I'm going to be left with the monitor thats in the cab at the moment as spare. Maybe trade that monitor for service etc.

Does mitch do installation jobs in cabs? I hear he's good and he seems to have loads of experience with cabs. I could sort him out with cash/trade/whatever.

Advertisement