Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marina coil and pregnancy

Options
  • 23-08-2011 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi there,
    I recently had the marina coil out after having it for 2.5 years.

I would like to become pregnant but had a terribly irregular cycle all my life could be 4/5/6/7 weeks , varies all the time.

About 2 weeks after I had it out I had a period for 4 days (I'm normally a 7 day gal) so I was surprised.

Anyone know anything about the effects of having it out on your body? And anyone conceived after getting it out..how long did it take etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

There's a whole range of factors, depending on age and how long you've had it in for.
    I'd suggest not stressing about it and just charting your periods for the next 6 months until they settled down and going from there.

I know of two ladies who became pregnant with in 12 months of getting it out.

Advertisement