Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A sweet smell all day long

Options
  • 23-08-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭

I just came across this new line by Bioflex of scented nose studs. They are available in four scents/colours and claim that the frangrance lasts up to 3 months. I don't have my nose pierced but I think its pretty odd! Would on depend on how powerful the smell is I guess.

Here's the link http://www.body-piercing-jewellery.com/acatalog/BioFlex_Nose_Piercing_Studs.html
    New BioFlex® Fragrance jewelled Nose Stud 2mm
    What is a BioFlex® Fragrance ?
    - Well, it is a new Technology developped in the last few year in Europe to integrate SAFE Fragance into BioFlex® Medical grade. The Frgrance themselves come from France from the makers of many worldwide known scents you can find in the top perfumes like Thierry Muggler, Jean Paul Gaultier, Channel, etc..We at body piercing jewellery dot com picked 4 differents safe but "fun" fragrances and we are again introducing it as a first into the body jewellery world !

Which BioFlex® Fragrances do you propose ?
    - You can choose here Chocolate (in Black BioFlex), Strawberry (in red BioFlex), Vanilla (in transparent/creamy BioFlex) and Raspberry (in Pink BioFlex) !

How long will the Fragrance last for ?
    - This Fragrance has been tested to last up to 2 years in our type of medical grade polymer depending on the amount of material on the product. But as we are talking here about very small nose studs, we prefer to state it will last for a period of up to 3 months. The product is NEW, and we did not pass enough time yet since the production to confirm.

We are offering too the widest range of colours for the jewel you will ever find in nose studs, no less than 28 colours to choose from ! Again, this is by far the best nose stud in the world ! No rigid metal or nickel here, this nose stud is made out of BioFlex medical grade plastic including safe fragrance, and therefore is flexible, and safe. Ultra-light, you won't even feel it's there, and the flexibility makes the insertion an easy task, much safer than irritating your piercing with metal studs !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Wonder do they do a new nostril smell ......... :D

Can someone fetch my coat please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

What other scents should they offer? Its mostly girls who have nose piercings. I think they should do new baby, and you're boyfriend's aftershave and new shoes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Seems a little pointless. You'd become accustomed to the smell soon after putting it on.

What other scents should they offer? Its mostly girls who have nose piercings. I think they should do new baby, and you're boyfriend's aftershave and new shoes :pac:

New baby smell - Dirty nappys & sudocream?

I don't know, I don't like babies. But I've heard a lot about it in films and tv. Think its something women are supposed to like. Like the scent of chocolate in their nostrils all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I don't know, I don't like babies. But I've heard a lot about it in films and tv. Think its something women are supposed to like. Like the scent of chocolate in their nostrils all day.

It's an evolutionary trick that babies smell so nice. Survival of the species.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    It's an evolutionary trick that babies smell so nice. Survival of the species.

Natures way of keeping baby eaters away :p

Back on topic, why would anyone want their jewelry to double as an air freshener???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I don't really know how safe that would be, would be very dubious about it as the stuff is all trade marked and "medical grade" - 'BioFlex medical grade plastic'... I dunno, they're giving out about metal which always sets off alarms to me. The plastic I'm assuming has to be impregnated with the smell molecules.

tl;dr - sounds gimmicky to me

I have a Bioflex tube in my tragus. Its grand, except that its a push fit which is a pain in the ass! I couldn't put it in myself, boyfriend spent ages trying to fix it and could only get it in half way (hehe) and now its loose and is kinda irritating.

But the plastic itself is fine, its just the loose metal stud that I keep snagging on things. So I wouldn't recommend the Bioflex for an ear piercing, but maybe a nose or labret stud that is easier to insert yourself.

Dunno about what kind of chemicals they are using to make this one scented though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Whatever they impregnate the plastic to make it smell would concern me, particularly as they openly state that, regarding the smell: "we did not pass enough time yet since the production to confirm". How can they know if this is something safe, if they are not even willing to test it for long enough to see how long the smell lasts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Dammit, apparently I was onto a good business idea all those times I drunkenly hung car fresheners from my septum piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gauge wrote: »
    Dammit, apparently I was onto a good business idea all those times I drunkenly hung car fresheners from my septum piercing.

worthless.gif

Advertisement