Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drag/rotate

Options
  • 23-08-2011 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Is there a way to select a group of objects, specify a fixed point and then drag/reposition the group based on that fixed point? i.e. can I rotate about a fixed point by eye, without using the "rotate" command"?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

In Auotcad ?

If so, once you have selected the objects you want to rotate right click and select 'Reference' from the menu that pops up. It will then prompt you to pick a base point. Once you do this you can rotate to any angle you want, or to a reference lin. Just make sure that your Ortho setting is off, otherwise you will only be able to rotate in increments of 90 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Brilliant, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Hmm, I don't get an option for "reference" when I right clcik after selecting the object. I'm working in AutoCAD 2010. Do I need to change a seting somewhere to enable the option?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

You might need to change a setting somewhere for your right click options(Try the drop down menus under TOOLS>OPTIONS. However, if you select the objects and then type reference in the command line, it should do the same thing ..... I think !! Haven't AutoCAD on this machine so I can't check.

From memory, there's an option to change the settings in Autocad 2010 to Classic View. The button is in the bottom right hand corner I think.

Advertisement