Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop.ie pre order

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Hey guys

I just want know how is gamestop.ie for pre order's and release day delivery with standard shipping?

I want to make sure that BF3 reaches me on release day :D

http://www.gamestop.ie/39732_PC_Battlefield_3_Limited_Edition_Physical_Warfare_Pack.aspx

Well I preordered deus ex and choose express delivery and received it today,its not out till friday :D So there pretty good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

When I was thinking about pre-ordering the PS Vita, I decided to see what the cost of shipping would amount to. On gamespot.ie I picked Express Delivery at the shipping page, and it came up as €0.00! You can try it for yourself if you want. I think it only works for this item though...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

DarkDusk wrote: »
    When I was thinking about pre-ordering the PS Vita, I decided to see what the cost of shipping would amount to. On gamespot.ie I picked Express Delivery at the shipping page, and it came up as €0.00! You can try it for yourself if you want. I think it only works for this item though...:(

Yep I was having a look at the express delivery option and it is €5 extra.
    BF3 is about €40 from amazon so I think I will pre order it from gamestop :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

DarkDusk wrote: »
    That free delivery option if for orders over €150 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mannam

BF3 is cheapest at Gamestop.ie as far as I know.

Orders shipped for release date. Select express shipping to guarantee you receive your game on day of release. Postal shipping option cannot guarantee you will receive on day of release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

What about pre-orders in store?
    Would I be guaranteed a copy on release day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

What about pre-orders in store?
    Would I be guaranteed a copy on release day?

You'd be guaranteed a copy on release day in a store without a pre-order. Unless you're going for a collector's edition, or some sort of pre-order bonus there's no need to pre-order in a bricks and mortar store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I ordered Dark Souls on gamestop.ie with express shipping.
    Got it the day before release, as i think a few others on boards did.

Will definitely be buying BF3 from gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Up until when can you pre order from gamestop.ie? (BF3 obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

I preordered WWE12 several weeks ago and it hasn't arrived yet (today being release day) just checked my order email and it said another email would be sent out when its shipped but I never got another email?

Has everybody who pre orders got an email confirmation when shipped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    I preordered WWE12 several weeks ago and it hasn't arrived yet (today being release day) just checked my order email and it said another email would be sent out when its shipped but I never got another email?

Has everybody who pre orders got an email confirmation when shipped?

On my orders pages, MW3 is still saying "Confirmed" even though I got it weeks ago. You should have got a dispatch email though. Did you pay the 2 euro or 5 euro shipping option? They seem to be a joke for release day delivery with standard shipping recently

I paid for the more expensive one. So I was surprised I didn't get it yesterday, starting to get impatient today knowing I could just go over to the shop and had it a few hours ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I paid for the more expensive one. So I was surprised I didn't get it yesterday, starting to get impatient today knowing I could just go over to the shop and had it a few hours ago

You will get it today but nightline will deliver it but it might not be till later today, my mw3 arrived around 4pm

My copy of Assassin's Creed Revelations didnt arrive until 3 on the tuesday

No sign as of 5:25pm and they haven't responded to my messages. Nice paying extra for guaranteed delivery and to get nothing, not even a response

No sign as of 5:25pm and they haven't responded to my messages. Nice paying extra for guaranteed delivery and to get nothing, not even a response
    They're very busy with the Black Friday sale at the moment. I'd send them a nicely strongly worded email outlining your disappointment with the whole situation. Tell them you're not happy with the service that you've received. They might do something for you.

They're very busy with the Black Friday sale at the moment. I'd send them a nicely strongly worded email outlining your disappointment with the whole situation. Tell them you're not happy with the service that you've received. They might do something for you.

I tried that and it's now 6pm, they say they only monitor emails from Mon-Fri 9-6. Seriously frustrating to pay extra to guarantee the game and the evening it's out I've no idea if they've even shipped it.

Just called them now and they said they have no record of my order and they don't know what to do. I now am resorting to ordering (and paying for) a bank statement to be sent to me to show them they charged me nearly a month ago.

This is ridiculous.

Just called them now and they said they have no record of my order and they don't know what to do. I now am resorting to ordering (and paying for) a bank statement to be sent to me to show them they charged me nearly a month ago.

This is ridiculous.
    Oh wow. That is odd. Hope it gets sorted out for you. Have you got confirmation emails from them about your order? Surely they would be enough?

Yeah i still have those, I gave them my order number and

First call: Said my Order# didn't exist.
    Second call: Said my Order# was for Halo to be sent to Wexford
    Third call: Said my Order# has been shipped, received and signed for but they had to ask me what game and where to.

Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

What's the deal with buying games off Gamestop if you live in Dublin, how long does it take for it to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Darragh18

hey guys i pre ordered the new fifa 13 game off game stop.ie and i only paid 2 euro delivery on the game so would ye have any idea if i get the game on the day of release could ye let me know

Darragh18 wrote: »
    hey guys i pre ordered the new fifa 13 game off game stop.ie and i only paid 2 euro delivery on the game so would ye have any idea if i get the game on the day of release could ye let me know
    You should but there is no guarantee. If you want to guarantee it you'd best pay for express delivery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

Where is the Gamestop store in Liffey Valley? I know there was a "Game" but that's closed....are they the same? a store is still advertised there on their website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Darragh18 wrote: »
    Better off making a new thread than bring a year old one back to life man. Should get the game release day
    mrbrown69 wrote: »
    Where is the Gamestop store in Liffey Valley? I know there was a "Game" but that's closed....are they the same? a store is still advertised there on their website

Gamestop was never in Liffey Valley nor is it advertised on the website as far as I can see. Closest is Town unless Blanch has one not sure. HMV is there though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

Soby wrote: »
    Better off making a new thread than bring a year old one back to life man. Should get the game release day

Gamestop was never in Liffey Valley nor is it advertised on the website as far as I can see. Closest is Town unless Blanch has one not sure. HMV is there though

Nope Liffey street my bad

Advertisement