Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come Dine With Me Ireland (Week 6 - Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I'm surprised no-one remarked on Una's comment that she doubted Emma would have eaten many pork belly meals. Unbelievably catty.
    I would half-expect Monica to have come out with it but Monica isn't quite living up to the D4 stereotype. She should, however, leave the TV3 makeup people do her makeup rather than doing it herself. :eek:

Martin's a right sleazebag and busy marking everyone else down because they are "sub par" so that he has a better chance of winning on the final night.

Yes that wasnt very nice

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

They are all wanabees who will all be forgotten next week

Apart from Cyril, that could be written about the entire series...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I cringe every time Martin speaks. He's abominable. I bet the wife ran for the hills...

Una's animal double: http://www.sch.im/wlp/pages/raccoon%201.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

What did she change, her socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

No1J wrote: »
    What did she change, her socks.
    Don't think she even changed them - just took them off. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Don't think she even changed them - just took them off. :confused:

At least she made the effort I suppose?:)
    Socks off, nickers inside out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

It captured his smugness perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Delighted Emma scored well, hope she wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Wow, discussion of tonight's show doesn't even get a whole page.

I really like Andy, seems like a real decent guy. In fact I like them all, even Martin. I find him funny!

Emma seem like such a nice girl. I wish she'd get a bit more confidence in herself though, seems to have a bit of an inferiority complex. She seems to sit back during conversation as if she's doesn't feel like she'd contribute anything. She should go on a wine tasting course and put them all to shame with her knowledge!

I actually didn't think Martin's caricature looked like him either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

that Martin guy is an awful pain in the hole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Emma is swimming in a sea of arseholes bless her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Glad Emma did well, she'll come second at least.

I thought the comments at the beginning of last nights show were very bitchy, Monica had the cheek to say "I hope she doesn't feel uncomfortable in her own home, showing off her own home because at the end of the day this is where she lives and she should be proud of it". She wouldn't even have the party in her own place, had it in her mothers, so she's the one that seems ashamed of where she lives.

Martin: "I think she will find it difficult tonight, it won't come naturally to her". I mean FFS people, get off the high horses.

The voting was bitchy too, Monica ate everything, seemed to have a laugh and only gives a 6, Martin gave a 7 which is satandard for him, but he seems to be totally in love with Monica, always staring at her, getting a bit embarassing at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

that Martin guy is an awful pain in the hole
    He really is a right plonker isnt he ,Is he for real I wonder or acting out a part ?Smug git comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Does anyone know where to get a pair of those Red "Finger" shoes/slippers that Andy was wearing in his house the other night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sweetpea1

you can get them in that snow boarding winter place in carrickmines dublin south
    53 degrees north i think its called. bout €100 tho, dont think they that good for that price.

bijapos wrote: »
    Glad Emma did well, she'll come second at least.
    I didn't think she really deserved the 10 from Aidan though. Her main and dessert weren't in any way impressive so I don't know where he pulled that score from. :confused:
    Still I hope she wins as it will probably be the first time in history that Una's lost for words. :pac:

Emma has to win!
    Just to wipe the smug, patronising heads off the others (except the gay guy). They are so sure that she hasn't really a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

emma is a dish herself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 memind

Psychopathy is a mental disorder characterized primarily by a lack of empathy and remorse, shallow emotions, egocentricity, and deceptiveness. Though lacking empathy and emotional depth, they often manage to pass themselves off as normal people by feigning emotions and lying about their pasts.

Emma & Martin will be joint winners???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

memind wrote: »
    Psychopathy is a mental disorder characterized primarily by a lack of empathy and remorse, shallow emotions, egocentricity, and deceptiveness. Though lacking empathy and emotional depth, they often manage to pass themselves off as normal people by feigning emotions and lying about their pasts.
    Funny I thought he had traits of narcisism , a self absorbed individual anyway ,.

Martin is a psychopath.........Psychopathy is a mental disorder characterized primarily by a lack of empathy and remorse, shallow emotions, egocentricity, and deceptiveness. Though lacking empathy and emotional depth, they often manage to pass themselves off as normal people by feigning emotions and lying about their pasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Surely dressing the salad now will mean it's all soggy and gloopy come serving time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Love Martin's kitchen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Feel a bit sorry for Monica tonight. for all her perceived faults she is actually a really nice person

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

memind wrote: »
    Emma & Martin will be joint winners???

Well done memind !!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Martin gets €500 as joint first prize winner. I'd say his ex-wife is saying "ching-ching" to herself, nice top up to the alimony :pac:

For all the grief she got, Monica didn't deserve last and turned out to be a nice person all in all.

So that's it for this series?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Bad night for Monica, came last, woeful make-up and people gave her the truth. Glad Emma was join twinner, nice girl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Reverse snobbery is a funny old thing.

Soon as Monica opened her gob and spoke in that mad D4 accent, I had her pegged as a stuck-up-her-own-hole twat. She was not. In the end, she was a genuinely nice person, who also tried to be inclusive and friendly.

They were all a nice old bunch this time round - probably why it was so boring! Even Dave Lamb didn't do much bagging on them. Though I must say, Monica making her fella cover her face with the tea towel was weird. After that, there wasn't much weirdness or even any kinda tension. :P

Advertisement