Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen Cod, steamed?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

HI,

I an trying to eat a little healthier. I have upped my fish consumption but want to stay away from breaded fish so I bought frozen cod fillets.

Should I want to steam them how long is required? I dont have a steamer and will be putting it in a flat collander and over saucepan of water with the lid over the fish. I will also be throwing in some green beans and peas.

Should I defrost the fillets first?

cheers

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Terry Cotta

I steam cod in a steamer for about 10 minutes. I'm sure it would take the same amount of time without a steamer.
    I'd usually leave it defrost in the fridge in a freezer bag with some lemon and fresh basil. Steam the green beans for about 5-10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If it was really thick I would defrost it in the fridge, if they are thin fillets I would steam them straight and let it do the defrosting.

White fish fillets are really cheap in lidl, lots of choice, some weird fish names I have never heard of.

Advertisement