Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second year arts timetable queries

• 23-08-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭

Anyone else noticed inaccuracies in the second arts timetable? Eg GV2003 and GV2004?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

Haven't noticed those modules - but I've noticed there's still alot of clashes for History :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Xxsparkyxx

Ya I've noticed the clashes for the history options:/I'd say there will have to be changes to them though because isn't it like 3 or 4 of them that are clashing?:/they should probably throw a few of the history options into the first semester because the only option in the first semester is the chinese module:/ two government modules are meant to be on for 1 semester each(well that's what it says on the politics website for UCC anyway) but one of them is listed in the second semester timetable aswell as the first:0)I don't know I guess I might wait for a few days see if anything changes:(Maybe they might be changing it again at the moment because I can't seem to access the timetable right now.don't know if this is the case for everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

Thats last years timetable on the ucc page??

bizz213 wrote: »
    Thats last years timetable on the ucc page??
    I'm not sure problem seems to be fixed anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭johnbobtheslob

could someone please give me a link to d second year arts timetable for 2011? please i cant find it :o!

• Advertisement

Thanks a million :)

Am does anyone know when wer goin back to college?? iv heard nothin :/:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Am does anyone know when wer goin back to college?? iv heard nothin :/:(

19th September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Will someone tell me if they got an emails recently. I havent got one since 21st August. Is it the 12th or something when we must pick our subjects.

• Advertisement

How many hours roughly should we have in second year. Had something like 17/18 last year. Could it be 9/10 this year??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

closeline wrote: »
    Will someone tell me if they got an emails recently. I havent got one since 21st August. Is it the 12th or something when we must pick our subjects.

Best way to check is to log into your student admin and see if you can pick your modules and register - IIRC I think its the 9th the portal is officially opening but check, it may be open early

How many hours roughly should we have in second year. Had something like 17/18 last year. Could it be 9/10 this year??

I have 11 in the first semester before tutorials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Impossible to read.

Look for your course code.
    The module title tells you the module.
    Then there's the building code.
    Then the class duration for the term.

It becomes pretty simple after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

The heartbreaking moment when the two modules you were looking forward to the most..clash :( wahh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

cork*girl wrote: »
    The heartbreaking moment when the two modules you were looking forward to the most..clash :( wahh

Which ones??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Amuls

Any one get an email about when we can register yet?

Amuls wrote: »
    Any one get an email about when we can register yet?
    Registration is meant to be open today sometime.I think check back later today for the email. Registration isn't open yet

Know someone who rang the economics dept and the person there got onto reistration and they said we wont be reistering till monday or tuesday and it will be online

• Advertisement

Arts registration is open:)

No email was sent though just went on to ucc sit to check an hour ago and it's open:)

Il correct that I just got the email lol:)

Do we get a timetable before the 19th or do we just have to read it off the website ourselves and hope we've read it right??

Connorzee wrote: »
    Do we get a timetable before the 19th or do we just have to read it off the website ourselves and hope we've read it right??

read it off the website, and when you go to your first lecture, the lecturers will tell you the lecture dates for the rest of the year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rogertuohy

Just checked out the lecture times for the initial lectures for second year arts. I noticed archaelogy and history are both on at 2.00 pm. surly thats a mistake? A large number of people who do history i imagine would be inclined to do archaelogy and visa versa, to have both lectures on at the same time is fairly wrong to be honest. I wouldnt mind if it was two subjects more unlike.

So am i just to choose which one to attend? are these initial lecture times correct? i got them off the offical UCC website but mabye theres a mistake? i just find it a small bit bizarre.

Thanks.

rogertuohy wrote: »
    Just checked out the lecture times for the initial lectures for second year arts. I noticed archaelogy and history are both on at 2.00 pm. surly thats a mistake? A large number of people who do history i imagine would be inclined to do archaelogy and visa versa, to have both lectures on at the same time is fairly wrong to be honest. I wouldnt mind if it was two subjects more unlike.

So am i just to choose which one to attend? are these initial lecture times correct? i got them off the offical UCC website but mabye theres a mistake? i just find it a small bit bizarre.

Thanks.
    They've been that way for a while now!I don't think it's likely that they will change as its so close to starting college:/are they both core modules?is it possible for you to change one of them?

Merged those two threads about second year arts timetable

Anyone hear that did either English, Politics or History in 2nd year..what modules would ye advice to make up the 60 credits..they seem all the same to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rogertuohy

Xxsparkyxx wrote: »
    They've been that way for a while now!I don't think it's likely that they will change as its so close to starting college:/are they both core modules?is it possible for you to change one of them?

Its not certain modules, its just the initial lecture, the ''start of the year'' introductary lecture i suppose. I know it might not be a big deal but i would like to get a run down and be there incase i miss out on any important information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Anyone hear that did either English, Politics or History in 2nd year..what modules would ye advice to make up the 60 credits..they seem all the same to me..

What? English modules differ vastly from History modules. You'll have to provide more clarity. What modules within subjects are you contemplating?

• Advertisement

I got a clash with Geog and Economics :(

Advertisement