Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surface rust on wheels

• 23-08-2011 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Have a bit of surface rust on my 02 ducato wheels...there an easy/cheap/effective way to shift this??

Im guessing its there from long periods sitting idle.

Cheers,
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

rub them down and paint them really, simple enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I use the Aerosol tins of Wheel silver from the local motor factors . if you jack each wheel , and smear a little oil or grease onto the edge of the tire beside the rim edge , it'll be easier to clean the overspray . I spin the wheel as I spray them , it makes for a neater finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    I use the Aerosol tins of Wheel silver from the local motor factors . if you jack each wheel , and smear a little oil or grease onto the edge of the tire beside the rim edge , it'll be easier to clean the overspray . I spin the wheel as I spray them , it makes for a neater finish.
    Cheers lads.. I'll pick up some of that the weekend
    Cheers
    Marty.

Advertisement