Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneers in Limerick City

• 23-08-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Has anybody experience of auctioneers in Limerick regarding selling a property?

I am looking for recommendations to sell a second hand property there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can't recommend anyone in particular but my advice is shop around for the best rate, these days they are not exactly busy due to the calapse of the property bubble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Rooney's seem to be the only big name to survive the collapse.

There are a number of others, but it would depend on where and what type of property you are selling as some agents are stronger than others in particular sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Take a look at the auctioneers that have "SOLD" signs in the area where your house is. They will know the area and its market better than others and will be able to give you a good idea of saleable price and marketing strategies.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Would recommend Remax or G&L auctioneers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

+1 for Remax. Agressive sellers which is good.
    GVM have the building G&L are in up To Let
    doesn't seem like a vote of confidence in them....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

ninty9er wrote: »
    Rooney's seem to be the only big name to survive the collapse.

Chessers, GVM, O'Connor Murphy Gubbins, Hickey O'Donoghue are still all afloat.

p.s. I had to get a couple of valuations done by Rooney's. They charge like a wounded bull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Thanks for the advice. The house is up for sale. However, as it is estate of .....and there are other siblings involved I didn't have the final say on the choice of Auctioneers.......We had a bid on the house but due to the incompetence of the appointed auctioneer (not mentioned by any of the posters) the sale fell through....there was even a booking deposit received!:mad: I won't go into the details.........

Now I have the choice of auctioneers so I think I will try a few mentioned here, to see what rates they charge......

Thanks for recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Chessers, GVM, O'Connor Murphy Gubbins, Hickey O'Donoghue are still all afloat.

p.s. I had to get a couple of valuations done by Rooney's. They charge like a wounded bull!

Maybe I should have qualified it as "mainly intact".

The names you mention have had huge staff cuts as far as I'm aware, I'm told that Pat Chesser is now back on the frontline full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

7 months on I'd say the OP is sorted. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

gcapall wrote: »
    <snip> are selling properties, i see à lot of their signs around and as far as i know they are limericks longest established Auctioneers !!

Banned for shilling.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement