Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Halls Accomodation

Options
  • 23-08-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi everyone, i got offered accomodation in blackrock this year and i decided to accept it. I dont know much about it and im hoping somebody can let me know of their experience of living there and what its like?? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

Me too :)
    You heading to UCD aswell?
    Doing Science myself! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

I'm in Novitiate...
    Are there 3 kitchens? as in one in proby, halls and novitiate or is the kitchen just in halls?
    Are there many 1st years in novitiate?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sinead735

I'm in Noviatiate and i'm a first year in UCD. The walk will kill me ha, but other than that i'm looking forward to it! How many kitchens and bathrooms are to a floor?

Sinead735 wrote: »
    How many kitchens and bathrooms are to a floor?

In Novitiate i think there is one kitchen between 30 or so, however there could be one on the second level...
    As for bathrooms, girls are on the second floor, boys on the first!

What course are you doing? I'm also in Novitiate!:)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

The Blackrock campus is really sweet - one of the best looking campuses in Dublin and with quite a few facilities... not much use in terms of lectures however unless you are a postgrad.

Just a word of warning - don't overly depend on the 114 or 17 :p

Anybody know if there is a launderette on the blackrock campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 micko2010

Stayed in blackrock last year as a first year and had a great time. Take a bike with you cos the bus is unreliable and the walk is too long to do every day. Its daunting at first cos it seems old fashioned but once you get used to its great. There will be loads staying there who are first years so you will make loads of friends. Kitchens are a bit overcrowded but youl get used to it. give it a chance and talk to all the people living there and it will be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gladiators

Xhristy wrote: »

Im staying in halls. I will definitly bring a bike as it seems a bit far to walk so that shouldn't be a problem. Is it just a case of having your student card swiped to get in when coming back after nights out?? I was in belgrove last year so im thinking its similar to that in that regard??

• Advertisement

Tara_Rxxx wrote: »
    In Novitiate i think there is one kitchen between 30 or so, however there could be one on the second level...
    As for bathrooms, girls are on the second floor, boys on the first!

What course are you doing? I'm also in Novitiate!:)

I'm doing Psychiatric Nursing in UCD! You? Your a first year too yes? What floor are you on in Novitiate? You moving up the 5th? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jauntyguy

I'm in Noviatiate and i'm a first year in UCD. The walk will kill me ha, but other than that i'm looking forward to it! How many kitchens and bathrooms are to a floor?

Hi, I just accepted accomodation in Blackrock today. I'm pleased to see I won't be the only first year in Noviate. :) What floor are you on? I'm on the first.

jauntyguy wrote: »
    Hi, I just accepted accomodation in Blackrock today. I'm pleased to see I won't be the only first year in Noviate. :) What floor are you on? I'm on the first.

I'm also on the first floor :) Yea i was the same, i thought i was going to be the only 1st year! Are you going to UCD? (:

I'm also on the first floor :) Yea i was the same, i thought i was going to be the only 1st year! Are you going to UCD? (:

Cool. :) Yeap, I'm going to study law... Haven't a clue what I have got myself in for. lol. I really want to study french in the electives though. And yourself? Any ideas about the electives scheme?

Cool. :) Yeap, I'm going to study law... Haven't a clue what I have got myself in for. lol. I really want to study french in the electives though. And yourself? Any ideas about the electives scheme?

Wow, law? Massive points there! Ah you'll be grand i'm sure (: I'm doing psychiatric nursing so i think i can say the same as you. This will be interesting :P I'm not sure about the elective scheme at all to be honest, sorry :( You attempting the walk in every morning? (:

Wow, law? Massive points there! Ah you'll be grand i'm sure (: I'm doing psychiatric nursing so i think i can say the same as you. This will be interesting :P I'm not sure about the elective scheme at all to be honest, sorry :( You attempting the walk in every morning? (:

Yeah, well for the first few days anyway. Although, everyone keeps telling me to get a bike, but I am not the most poised person at the best of times, never mind on a bike in the middle of city traffic. The prospect seems life threatning. lol

Yeah, well for the first few days anyway. Although, everyone keeps telling me to get a bike, but I am not the most poised person at the best of times, never mind on a bike in the middle of city traffic. The prospect seems life threatning. lol

Yea i'll be walking for the first few days too but i'd say i'll bring up my bike after! I can see myself sleeping in a lot and if i've early starts i'll definatly not make them :P

I'm doing Psychiatric Nursing in UCD! You? Your a first year too yes? What floor are you on in Novitiate? You moving up the 5th? :)

Very cool! Yes, on the 2nd floor and up on Monday! Cant wait to be honest!

Also how far is Halls from novitiate?? And is novitiate and proby in the same building?
    So many questions!
    :confused:

• Advertisement

Tara_Rxxx wrote: »
    Very cool! Yes, on the 2nd floor and up on Monday! Cant wait to be honest!

Awh i'm on the first floor! And up on Monday too, i just want to move up now (:

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

There will be no running water in Smurfit for pretty much all of Monday btw!

Advertisement