Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything to do in Enniscorthy

Options
  • 23-08-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Just wondering what people do for entertainment in Enniscorthy apart from going to the pub?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

drink cans at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Ha ha ha Should have been clearer. What do you do that dose not involve drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Been to the Castle museum yet?

.....thats all I got :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Yes, been to the museum twice. since it re-opened. And am the same, all out of ideas after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Pick up a few cans of Dutch Gold and head down to the Arches Bar (the riverbank under the old bridge). :D

Despite promises that the Tourism website would be overhauled, it remains riddled with errors.

ha ha ha I don't think I could keep up with the intellectual conversations that happen there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Quick answer: very little to do.

Atheneum closed ages ago.

Cinema closed.

Snooker Hall open (I think)

Feck all to do at night in the town apart from the pub really.Most entertainment in the town is based in licensed premises so if you want something to do that doesn't involve alcohol then it's join the legions who do laps of the town pounding the pavements(at least that's free and healthy)

A few of us had a discussion about things to do in the town while having a pint;) We came up with a very short list which is a pity.If anyone wants a night out in Enniscorthy it's either a meal or the pub and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Before I could afford to go to the pub it always struck me that walking was probably the dominant leisure activity in Enniscorthy. No matter what direction you went in, there was people out walking. I suppose this was because there was sod-all else to do.

I'v lived in town for 30 years and it amazes me at how little there is to do. And as I have no transport I don't have many options on traveling. It's starting to get me and alot of people I know down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

bestiality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I think having a hobby is a great way to overcome what the town might not have to offer.

Having an interest in local GAA and soccer is a great past-time. I must have watched at least a 100 games this year. Great way to spend an evening... especially if the weather is anyway decent.

After that photography would be my main interest... so I'm often out and about taking photos.

Dermot, that is not quiet what I had in mind so please keep it to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I think having a hobby is a great way to overcome what the town might not have to offer.

Having an interest in local GAA and soccer is a great past-time. I must have watched at least a 100 games this year. Great way to spend an evening... especially if the weather is anyway decent.

After that photography would be my main interest... so I'm often out and about taking photos.

I refrained from mentioning the obvious about hobbies or GAA/local soccer.

It's the lack of decent night time entertainment that's the problem,I enjoy movies but that now involves a trek to Wexford.
    IF the Atheneum ever opens it would be a great asset,Wexford get's a lot of gigs from musicians and comedians as they have a decent venue there.

Other towns have had millions spent on art galleries and theatres which are innapropriate and a waste-we have an historic building ready made for the purpose which is lying idle while the restoration comittee has to go cap in hand to the people to try and raise a few quid to stop the place from falling down.:( The government should ringfence funds to have it completely restored as a national monument,they wouldn't let the GPO or Kilmainham Jail fall into such a state......End of rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

1798 centre.

Go for lunch or for dinner to a restaurant.

Visit vinegar Hill.

Kayaking on the Slaney... http://www.slaneyadventure.com/

Picnic down the Prom.

Fishing

Join a club, photography, poetry etc.

start a club.

Music in some pubs at the weekends and trad in Rackard's every Thursday.
    Back Door Music sessions starting at Wilson's Bar very soon.

There is a good bit to do if you think outside the box, other than that we basically have the same entertainment as every other small town unfortunately, the only difference is that we have lost our cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Two gyms with swimming pools in the town too (Riverside Hotel and the Waterfront).

Advertisement