Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick To Death Of Adobe Premiere Pro CS3

Options
  • 23-08-2011 4:06pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm at my wits end...

Seeing as I can't use my beloved Adobe Premiere Pro 6.5 on Windows 64bit I resorted to Pro CS3 - I complained about it before in other threads but the general response was "Use some presets" which has done nothing.

My gripes are as follows:

*Editing is not only more awkward but has such a higher chance of flat out crashing than the older APremiere had.

*Importing files causes you to have to manually rescale them because, by default, the program seems to think I want compressed files to be zoomed in -.- Meaning I have to manually click and drag to fit the window properly - Whatever happened to importing a file and it KEEPING THE FILE AT IT'S ACTUAL RESOLUTION, SIZE, SHAPE AND SCALE? JESUS!

*DivX Codec is useless - At first it was impossible to get it to work as installing the DivX codec stopped WMPlayer and other Video viewers from working. When I finally got it to install correctly without ruining previous movie viewer programs, the codec just doesn't export anything even remotely close to the quality I used to get from it in the old Adobe Premiere.

*All Codecs and Presets in both manual export AND Adobe Media Encoder often either export blurry footage (Clips with motion look terrible), tearing (Full screen purple and sharp colours, usually for a split second at the start making for a complete eye-sore) and are all just low quality in general no matter WHAT codec and what preset is selected, making export worthless.

*Certain Transitions and Effects are missing... Whatever happened to the simple IMAGE PAN effect? That one single effect cured so much of the above... But now it doesn't exist in Pro CS3...

I've tried Presets from Windows Media, Realtime, Quicktime (pretty much anything available, I've tried it), I've watched tutorials on what presets and settings they used, tried them, and still got the same **** quality that looks nothing like the YouTube clip states, tried everything.

*Effects Control is garbage compared to the old Premiere - Having to double click the files and tweak it through a small box is so much worse than being able to drag & drop the selected effect them tweak it how I see fit (how it used to be done in old Premiere).

Ultimately my main gripe is the fact that after all this time testing compressing on clips 5 seconds long, I've not once come up with anything even remotely decent in quality that doesn't have some ridiculous issue.

I've resorted to using a program called XVid4PsP which is a single-file compressor that can squash 4gig FRAPS recordings into small, high quality files - But it is ONLY a compressor, not an Editor...

I have no intention of forking out for another Adobe or Sony Vegas package and there seems to be no free alternatives so I have to either fix this problem, find an alternative or give up making any movies that require more than bunging a single file into a compressor...

Any Pro CS3 users out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I use CS5 myself and the problem with cropping imported files still exists.I dont know if I'm missing something in the settings or if Adobe haven't realised there is still a problem with it but its very annoying.

The quality of my videos is pretty decent but I use a PS3. You could try a trial version of CS5 and render out some clips to compare . Its pretty difficult finding good render settings.99 percent of people around here seem to use Sony Vegas

Theres a link to the trial version: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=premiere_pro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Looks pretty nice to me

Advertisement