Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best groin protection gear for kickboxing?

• 23-08-2011 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

What is the best option for groin protection in kick boxing?

Are jock straps better than compression shorts?
    Looking for good value and protection

What brands are worth checking out?

All info & links appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

what way do the sizes work for these? if i wear medium shorts would i need a medium cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shinobi academy

The shock doctor groin guard is excellent, its the jock strap type, I tried their compression shorts and they are terrible, the cup is way too norrow and cause they are compression shorts the cup slides around alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I second the shock doctor groin guards. I got the compression shorts version and the jock strap version. As has been said above, the compression shorts with the cup aren't that good. The compression shorts themselves are grand, but the cup tends to slide around and is a bit of an annoyance. The jock strap version is much better and I think cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Ill aim to pick this up when I get paid.

this might be a bit of dumb ass question - how does the strap version attach and stay in place,
    elasticated straps? I assume one around the waist and one that goes down and under?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

It's like a pair of Y-Fronts with a pouch that you put the cup in. They're elasticated and will definitely stay in place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

One wide band around the top and two thin bands down the side/back that join under the cup pocket. Come up to the shop again and have a look at one if you want :)

Advertisement