Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enough of UPC

• 23-08-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

I'm out of contract with UPC and after months and months of continuously being overcharged with next to no customer service I'm leaving UPC (The only reason I stuck with them was decent broadband) I live in Galway city and I was wondering if anyone could recommend another provider who can give me decent broadband 10mb+ with a decent limit without paying these ridiculous line rental charges. While checking online I came across smart telecom and was wondering has anyone here used them? if so would you recommend them? and if not why not? All/Any recommendations appreciated,
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Stumbled across this whilst searching for more info on Smart Telecom. Tried to get the Digiweb Metro installed but can't get that, so have been recommended the NextGen package (NextGen & Talk Lite 10mb). Anyone else have this package? Would it be sufficient for gaming do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can't top UPC for bb. Everyone else uses copper cables or wireless that will provide different speeds varying with how busy your area is and the distance from the exchange.

The fastest copper cable connection I can get is only 3Mb, and I live just 5km from the exchange. I am getting 25Mb with UPC on the 25Mb fibre package. No one else can give me anything over 3Mb. Can't change the laws of physics.

Advertisement