Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice Period from Landlord

Options
  • 23-08-2011 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

In the past month I am the only remaining member in the house, the landlord asked me 2 weeks ago if I could find anyone to move in, which I tried to do but found no-one. Yesterday, the landlord called me and said all room s are up for let and wants me to move out by the end of the week as he says their is huge interest. I'm wondering how long notice the landlord has to give me as surely he cant kick me out of the house straight away as I have no where to go!!
    Any advice??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

Is your name on the lease? If so he can't kick you out of the house, however he can make you pay the full rent for all the rooms. If you are unable to pay the full rent then you are entitled to 42 days grace before he can evict you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you are unable to pay the full rent then you are entitled to 42 days grace before he can evict you.

Note- this is for a formal eviction.
    If the OP is unable to find alternate tenants for the property- the exact notice that the landlord has to give depends entirely on how long he has been resident (and whether he is on the lease or not).

OP- if you cant get people for the other rooms- you could potentially find yourself liable for renting the entire property. Be careful. If you cannot get new people- I'd go looking for alternate accommodation pronto.

Advertisement