Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Briarhill Roundabout Roadworks start in 2 weeks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

there's no way this will be finished before christmas, I really hope someone uses some common sense and postpones the work until next spring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

As a rule, in Irish "practice", roadside cycle facilities are intended to benefit motorists at the expense of the safety of cyclists.

Indeed.

Furthermore, where cyclists have to cross road junctions on such Irish "facilities" they often incur the additional hazard of meeting Irish drivers like this one:
    Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If I splatter a cyclist that I simply did not see my conscience is clear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Furthermore, where cyclists have to cross road junctions on such Irish "facilities" they often incur the additional hazard of meeting Irish drivers like this one:
    I only hit one of the cnuts so far, it decided to do a wholly unsignalled right turn into my car but at least I got compo for the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Spogne Bob, lay off the cyclists or I will ban you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

He ran into me Biko, I have been dodging them lads for years. Ah nevermind. :p

Galwaycyclist, did you ever find out why the extra wide cycle and bus lane on the SQR was narrowed down unilaterally by the corpo or why the corpo is building dangerously narrow lanes (to my paintwork) in places like Moneenageisha ???

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement