Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awkwardness viewing houses

Options
  • 23-08-2011 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

When you go to view a house share, I always feel really awkward at the end. Like if I want the place, should I just say "Yeah I want it". But I am worried they dont want me as a housemate and that will put them in an awkeard spot.... How exactly do people end these interactions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

They tell you that a bunch other people have been viewing and they'll be in touch, then they ring you back and tell you one of the other people took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

When you go to view a house share, I always feel really awkward at the end. Like if I want the place, should I just say "Yeah I want it". But I am worried they dont want me as a housemate and that will put them in an awkeard spot.... How exactly do people end these interactions?

I would say to them that you really like the place and ask them to give you a call if they would like you to be their flatmate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I'd suggest you say to the landlord let me go away and digest what I saw or I also have another place to look at tommorrow evening....a little white lie if you need to.

Probably best not to commit yourself there and then. I'm sure in the worst case scenario if the Landlord does not like the look of you (which I'm sure would not be the case:)) he will tell you somebody else took the room in the meantime when/if you ring back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

yep, always go in and do a set of checks regardless of how perfect the place is.

then, always leave and says you'll need some time to digest it... because you always need time to digest it.

Advertisement