Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Google Navigation Queries

Options
  • 23-08-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been using Google Maps since it was released for Ireland and it has now consigned my trusty old Garmin Nuvi 310 to the glove compartment as an emergency backup.

There are a couple of things which bug me which I either haven't figured out yet or will simply have to live with until they are addressed in future releases which I'd appreciate some feedback on:-

1. Sometimes the TTS voice is a female American voice and sometimes an English voice. I've tried tweaking the TTS settings etc but can't seem to find any settings relating to Google Navigation. I'm guessing it's to to with version updates, sometimes a new version has a US voice and sometimes the new version has an English voice???

2. Sometimes the voice (whether US English or English English) annoyingly advises that "at the CIRCLE take the ..." and sometimes advises "at the ROUNDABOUT take the...". Again I'm guessing the change relates to version updates but would like to know for sure.

3. For the past few weeks the app seems incapable of completing the roundabout exit instruction. It will consistently say "At the roundabout take the" and nothing more. I was so used to it saying "At the roundabout take the 2nd exit" but for some bizzarre reason it no longer finishes the statement. It's almost as though the words 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and exit have been removed from the TTS library.

4. This one is a bit more of a challenge. Is it possible to remove Google Apps from being used by my phones Bluetooth application? (Samsung Galaxy II android phone) - The reason I ask is that when I get into the car I pair the phone via BT to the car radio for making and receiving calls, playing music etc but it's annoying in the middle of a call to have Google Apps announce "in 700m take the ramp" as it cuts off the music or the phone call when doing so. I'd much prefer for Google Navigation to make it's announcements via the speakerphone and let the bluetooth apps run away uninterrupted. I know I can mute the app and just read the screen but that's not ideal either as I need the audio prompt to ensure I don't miss my next turn!!! Any suggestions?

Ben

Comments

Advertisement