Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Licence in Drumcondra Area?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just wondering if anyone's noticed the two people (man and woman) going door to door in Drumcondra today/this week? They've banged on my door and all the doors on the street a few times, looking quite aggressive :(. I just **** myself and thought they were TV Licence people so hid (Not living here long and haven't got my licence yet).

Anyone know who they are?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

That was John and Mary

Lovely people altogether

2071709966_acf8d7bf2d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I've never know the TV Licence inspector to be aggressive. Had him around to our house last year and he was very polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If they banged on all the other doors, they probably weren't inspectors. I was in the telly license office the other day to ask about being able to use the license of the previous tenant of my apt who left it behind him when he moved. They told me I could, but that when it expires in October & I don't renew it, the address will automatically go onto a list of unlicensed homes. That is the list that the inspectors work off mostly. They don't have the manpower to inspect every single home in the land. If you have a lisc odds are you won't be inspected. So while you are probably on that list, the odds of every single home on road also being on the list are fairly slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ElectroSpex

They've just knocked on the door for the fifth time.. I dunno what the hell they want but I'm too afraid to answer lol. Hopefully it's not like a gas leak or something.. oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Look out the window. Are they wearing any kind of official overalls or uniform that would ID them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just wondering if anyone's noticed the two people (man and woman) going door to door in Drumcondra today/this week? They've banged on my door and all the doors on the street a few times, looking quite aggressive :

It's not the inspectors, not when they use every door

Were they smartly dressed? Might just be Airtricity reps looking to flog you their service.
    I think those guys are on commission so if they don't sell, they don't get paid so yes, they are motivated

Last time we had persistent callers in our estate I ignored them and it was the gardaí looking for witnesses. Were they in suits? Detectives maybe?
    Maybe someone got robbed and the scum crossed your backgarden and property.
    Unlikely but it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Two scruffy guys in blue coats around my estate yesterday selling broadband, didnt make out what company. Approached me as I was getting into my car. Not exactly a moment when a sale is likely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Does one of them have glasses on, and the other appear to be drunk?

It's not Bertie and Cyprian is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

TV license inspector called to me tonight, I'm on Clonliffe Road. I actually paid for one but didn't have it switched to the new address I'm at now.

Anyway, she was sound enough and just took details. She did knock very loudly twice though, so could be who the OP is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ElectroSpex

bugler wrote: »
    TV license inspector called to me tonight, I'm on Clonliffe Road. I actually paid for one but didn't have it switched to the new address I'm at now.

Anyway, she was sound enough and just took details. She did knock very loudly twice though, so could be who the OP is talking about.

Ah, that's my road and all. I was home Monday evening but didn't get a knock at the door as far as I know. I'll get that licence asap just in case. Btw, if you live on my road, you don't happen to be my next door neighbour that sings in the shower and showers like 8 times a day do ya? lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement