Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kind of a random question

• 23-08-2011 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm on the lookout for five 200/250ml clear glass bottles with a screw top are some kind of seal that can be taken on and off. anyone know where you would buy such a thing? Cheaper the better I'm kinda going into mad scientist mode this week and they are an integral part of the process.

I know if it comes down to it I can buy some fancy water bottles and try rip off the packaging but I was hoping to avoid that.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Buy snapple, drink it, take off the stickers and you ready to go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

May not be of use to you, but:

http://www.bonpak.co.za/products_glass.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Have a walk around lidl see if they sell anything cheap in glass bottles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Buy a load of them small grolsch bottles. They should do and you'll get pissed. If you want ill drink them for you :)
    How big are the "dash" bottles in pubs? Should be able to get any amount of them. Might be a bit big though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

The only glass bottles with screw-on lids you're likely to get in a pub are lucozade, which are around 300ml I think. Just ask in your local. They're non-returnable so they should be glad to get rid of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Does it need to be an airtight seal?
    I couldn't find anything in waterford when I was looking for them, had to go online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Superquinn do their own brand of yogurts which come in small glass bottles, they are 150ml though. They have a proper screw on lid and some have a plastic clip on lid as well. I know the mother uses them to put seeds / very small plants in, ideal size for something like that.

Linky: http://www.superquinn.ie/shopping/shopping/shop.aspx?prodid=90045092

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Kitty_Ears wrote: »
    Does it need to be an airtight seal?
    I couldn't find anything in waterford when I was looking for them, had to go online!

It does kind of I'd imagine. I'll see how this batch goes and if they are a success i'll go online next time.

Cheers for the help all, I'd imagine I'll go with the lucozade/snapple idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

I've four of these lying around if you want them?

SGN0582.jpg
    Should be perfect for your mad scientist escapades:P

KeelanM90 wrote: »
    I've four of these lying around if you want them?

SGN0582.jpg
    Should be perfect for your mad scientist escapades:P

Thanks a million but I literally picked up 6 fancy looking glass water bottles today so even though they are a little big they look class. Cheers again though.

• Advertisement

So are we gonna find out what the scientist is upto?
    makes me wanna youtube beeckmans world now.

I promise I'll post up a photo of the finished product. you'll all appreciate it i'm sure :)

Nice one. Small bottles of poitin is my guest lol

Advertisement