Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacant Places

• 23-08-2011 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I am waiting for this list at 12 tomorrow as their is a course in NUIG I am interested in. I have been offered a course in UL. I am wondering can I accept UL and cancel it tomorrow should my desired course become vacant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AJJ2010

The vacant places are out now!!
    Didn't see any for NUIG at all. Sorry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

It doesnt say what the points are for those courses on the vacant places list, how to find out the points for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    It doesnt say what the points are for those courses on the vacant places list, how to find out the points for it?

There are no points for them, that's why they're on that list.

The points of a course are the lowest points a person on that course got (ie. a course for 400 points of 100 places means in points order the 100th person got 400 points).

As there are vacant places on the course there obviously can be no points.

That being said I'd assume you'd have to meet the other criteria (certain grades etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Camilo

If a course has not popped up in the new vacancies section does that mean there is nay hope of getting offered a place in that course in the second round of offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

As far as I understand that list will be updated, as some people might still decline their offers..Atleast thats how I understand it , I might be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Camilo wrote: »
    If a course has not popped up in the new vacancies section does that mean there is nay hope of getting offered a place in that course in the second round of offers?

No! Second round offers are of courses that people turned down in Round 1. There's still a chance you'll get a second round offer of whatever course it is. Afaik courses on the vacant places list won't be offered to anyone in Round 2 as there's noone to offer them to.

Advertisement