Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod not replying to PM

Options
  • 23-08-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Basq is the offender.Issued a ban from Bargain Alerts.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Since you're not contesting the ban, this isn't for DRP.

And you gave him a grand total of 40 minutes to respond?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Spear wrote: »
    Since you're not contesting the ban, this isn't for DRP.
    I am contesting the ban. I was banned for posting a link again after it had been snipped, which is not the case.
    And you gave him a grand total of 40 minutes to respond?

Aye. I sent him a short PM immediately after he issued the ban. The ban is for 7 days, however since I hadn't committed the offence for which i was banned, I would like it to be lifted until he replies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I am contesting the ban. I was banned for posting a link again after it had been snipped, which is not the case.

Aye. I sent him a short PM immediately after he issued the ban. The ban is for 7 days, however since I hadn't committed the offence for which i was banned, I would like it to be lifted until he replies.

Your initial post didn't contest the ban at all. If you want to contest the ban then start a new thread in DRP and actually contest it.

The DRP rules also require you to give a minimum of 2 days to allow the mod in question to respond.

The DRP rules also require you to give a minimum of 2 days to allow the mod in question to respond.
    Seems unreasonably to have to be banned for 2 days. Can't I be unbanned until Basq responds and clarity is put on the situation?

Seems unreasonably to have to be banned for 2 days. Can't I be unbanned until Basq responds and clarity is put on the situation?

The rules don't require you to be banned for two days, just to allow the mod up to 2 days to respond.

• Advertisement

The rules don't require you to be banned for two days, just to allow the mod up to 2 days to respond.
    Aye, But I am banned. I think it's fair that if a ban is disputed then it should be temporarily lifted until the issue is resolved.

Aye, But I am banned. I think it's fair that if a ban is disputed then it should be temporarily lifted until the issue is resolved.

Then what would be point in banning someone if all they had to was claim they were contesting it and then going straight back to causing problems?

Then what would be point in banning someone if all they had to was claim they were contesting it and then going straight back to causing problems?
    No everybody contests a ban. Not everybody who was banned was causing problems. In my case, I PM'd Basq straight away for it to be lifted, yet he can (non-deliberately) ignore it indefinitely. I assume yourself or a CMod has the power to lift the ban, hence why I am asking.

No everybody contests a ban. Not everybody who was banned was causing problems. In my case, I PM'd Basq straight away for it to be lifted, yet he can (non-deliberately) ignore it indefinitely. I assume yourself or a CMod has the power to lift the ban, hence why I am asking.

The most a PM can be ignored, whether deliberate or not is 2 days. This rules protects you and ensure a mod has a chance to respond.

And no, I can't lift the ban. The cmod potentially could if your appeal is successful, and after either the 2 days is up, or Basq either responds or lifts the ban first.

This rules protects you and ensure a mod has a chance to respond.
    The rule is unfair. Where do I go to ask for it to be changed?

Ban has been lifted, as expected, so no need for dispute resolution after all.

• Advertisement

The rule is unfair. Where do I go to ask for it to be changed?

In Feedback.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement