Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mathemagic

• 23-08-2011 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Got given iphone credit for my birthday and splashed out on this (usually stick to free ones!). Some interesting little tricks that might be fun as starters etc for lessons. Here's one that I particularly like:

To multiply two, two digit numbers e.g. 19 and 17

Take the units place digit of the smaller number (7) and add it to the larger number (26). Add a zero (260). Now multiply both ones digits (9*7) (63) and add it to the 260 (323) and thats your answer!

I'll just do another in case its not clear e.g. 11 and 16
    Take (1) and add it to 16 (17), add zero (170). Then 1*6 (6) added on gives 176 as the answer!

Anything anyone else has come across thats fun? I like to use as many interesting things I can to help students develop some interest (they often hate it by the time they get to secondary school!)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

aj216-1.jpg
    The Mathemagic primary school books are the only things that spring to mind for me unfortunately!

Advertisement