Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom

• 23-08-2011 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    Does anyone have any experience of Ripplecom wireless broadband in the Newcastle West area.

Thanks in advance
    Frank

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mokd2810

WE started with the company Amocom for the broadband because they were the only ones providiing it in our area - we were very happy with the service (even when they were taken over and became RIPPLECOM) but were paying 40€/month - they then introduced a deal for 49.99€/mth where we got the phone included but since we did service is not at all as good - internet keeps cutting off and phone quality is not at all as good. between two minds as to whether or not we will stay with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mokd2810

Sorry I just reread your query and we live in Mallow area so sorry probably not much use to you in Newcastle West area

• Registered Users Posts: 11 flittle

Hi thanks for your reply. We will be in the Templeglantine area which is towards the edge of the coverage from Newcastle West. Hopefully there is someone around there who will reply.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

permanet broadband have good coverage around newcastlewest, www.permanet.ie

Good Morning,

Thanks for the link. We will be to the west of the N21 about one mile north of the 515. The coverage map suggests it's a bit doubtful there but will ask for a site test.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cardigan600

Hi
    Was with Last Mile for 3 years no problems whatsoever, Ripplecom takes over having nothing but problems. Slow speeds and being an early riser cannot get a connection until around 8am, phoned about ten times all you get is excuses, really miffed off with this service. I am in the Longford area. Cardigan600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tahs2011

They are possibly the worst company in Ireland. After getting set up with them and initially being happy, I had a total service outage (phone and broadband). No call back from tech support - after more than a week of silence I had to threaten them with legal action to cancel the contract. Then they continued to take money out of my account after confirming the contract would be cancelled and no more monies owed. Emails to Sales Director and MD - no response.

Quite possibly the worst company in Ireland....don't go near them.

Hi,

Thank you for your replies, I now know to avoid them.

Frank

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jeff_16

I also would like to echo Tahs2011's experience with Ripplecom, but, fortunately mine was not as bad. I had a poor experience just trying to order the service. They committed to a two week installation period. I was never contacted for nearly four weeks after providing all of my personal details, banking and direct debit information. I wrote to complain about the delay and instead of directly addressing my complaint, they cancelled my order! Lucky escape, I suppose - as I can only imagine what response I would get if I required techincal support as some point. Overall, not a company I would recommend dealing with...

Jeff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

This is enough for me not to consider Ripplecom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lukehandypants

I am with ripplecom and I was with them when the were calladius and torque, they r the worst ISP they r consistantly crap from when they were torque the sucked. Now I'm goin to cancel my subscription something I cannot wait to do. Their customer care is a farce have to wait on hold for 10-15 mins. The quality of service is non existant with 25% packet loss which is bull**** and it drops out the whole time never ever consistant. Do not go near ripplecom they are ****in ****.

Advertisement