Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Street, Dublin 8.

Options
  • 23-08-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am currently living in Sandyford and looking to move in closer to town. I currently live in a 2 bedroom apartment costing €1,100 per month with a parking space and ideally I would like not to have to pay more.

I've had a look on daft and for €1,100 there isn't an many nice places with parking in my preferred area (D2/D4).

There are however a lot of apartments available on Cork Street and some of them look very nice.

I'm just wondering if anyone lives there. Is it safe? Any bad experiences? The usual questions. I've had a look at a couple of threads on askaboutmoney.com and some of the reports aren't great but most of the threads are 3-4 years old and my understanding is it's had a major re-development recently.

Basically, any help/advice/recommendations anyone could give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

There are plenty of rough areas near Cork Street. The complexes themselves are fine, but I'd keep an eye out for what roads you're near and what routes the more colourful locals are taking to the local amenities.

The access to town means that you'll live your life in town, and a taxi ride home costs you the same as a pint, to your doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I live around the corner and have not had a single problem in around 3 years...

I run up and down cork street starting or finishing my runs 3 or 4 times a week, and not a single issue...

Name me an area which does not have kids hanging around, but they generally keep to themselves - worst I have had is a tennant of mine got was some abuse from over the road, he ignored them and they gave up after 2 seconds [seeing they would get no craic/action from him]

Your 10/15 mins walk from stephens green [at one end of it at least] - so its an excellent location imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

One word of advice.... keep away from anywhere at the back of the Lidl.

Nothing but hardship from feral kids.

Other parts are perfectly fine, especially up around Ruben st etc - I lived around there for two years myself and had no trouble and thats only a few hundred metres up the road.

But for some reason anyone I know that has moved into the cottages at the back of lidl has had nothing but trouble from the local kids.

Advertisement