Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTF?

• 23-08-2011 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

The Flutter ws well into the cocktail hour when he was brought to a sudden stop by Bouchier-Hayes and I almost quote.

To do with petrol station pump calibration....

"The motorist can end up paying more than he intended on paying"

Intended on paying!!!!

Intended to pay surely.

Switched the pompous lad off quam celerrime.:D

What's with that kind of stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

**RTÉ presenter in malaprop shocker**
    PBH was so intent on getting his point across, he just let loose a blast of verbal diarrhoea over the airwaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Yakuza wrote: »
    **RTÉ presenter in malaprop shocker**
    PBH was so intent on getting his point across, he just let loose a blast of verbal diarrhoea over the airwaves.

That's what I thought too..

Well spotted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I heard this in Entourage last night. "I don't intend on blahblahblah." I don't know if the scriptwriters are on strike or they deliberately wanted to make the character sounds like a buffoon.

Advertisement