Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St. Pats 1st Years 2011

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Erry94

emzz wrote: »
    If you're living on campus you have to post back the room contract and residents card thingymobob:)

Thanks not on campus so im sorted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭ocli64

ladybike wrote: »
    Well boys and girls.. I've 2 questions...?

1) How strict are these rules and the fines that go with them? I wouldn't be a wild young thang or anything, but the alcohol €63 fine seems slightly ridiculous? No extra electrical appliances either? Personally I'd find a electrical radiator fairly necessary.. :P Also, the line to the young ladies/lads on a night out would be 'your place or......yours?' :P

2) I want to do England and Irish in 1st year, does this mean I cannot qualify for the B.Ed International if I dont do French?

1) The rules are ridiculously strict being honest with you. Its not what anyone wants to here but if you are caught you WILL be fined.
    That being said last year if you could get on security's good side they would be a bit lenient on the alcohol thing as long as you were quiet about it but they're bringing in new security this year that will prob be more strict.

You wont need an extra radiator. There are radiators in the rooms that you can have on pretty much 24/7 if you want.

The visitors rule is probably the strictest. There is a wall that can be hopped but the security cabin is facing this wall so it could involve a lot of standing in the cold and the person doing it would want to be fairly agile to hop back over in a hurry! Security are on the gate from 11 so bringing someone in before 11 is fine once they stay out of the common areas.

That being said its still good craic so dont let that put you off before you even start!

2) Think you can still do the B.Ed international, it's definitely not just confined to french.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 XxfruitloopxX

does anybody know where I could possibly find accommodation with other Pats first years this late?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

does anybody know where I could possibly find accommodation with other Pats first years this late?:)

Check out the link from St. Pats SU website, it is the most up-to-day list for accomadation, ring around the numbers and see whats available......
    http://www.stpatssu.com/accommodation-list.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lozB1

Hey.. Im starting first year Bed too, dont really know anyone so fairly nervous! I was thinking of picking Irish and Music. Does anyone know anything bout the music course?? I dont really like irish but thought id be better off picking it with the oral and everything? I got a B2 in irish for the leaving but had to get grinds so if the irish course ir really tough im afraid i wouldnt be able for it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 F8492

Im the same with Irish.. I got a B3 in it but that was with a lot of hard work so im also afraid :/ & i asked the question on this already about should i do it because of the oral and that and someone told me i shouldnt just pick it because of that because we'l still be doing professional irish so that should be okay for the oral :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lozB1

Thanks :) yeah think i might change to english then seen as people say thats easy enough... hopefully music will be the same now!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Daisyxx

What's Religious studies like? A lot of work involved? Seems interesting, although I didn't do Religion for the Leaving Cert. Does that matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 delaraghlassie

the term address...if you're living on campus, do you still have to register your term address on st pats website?

• Advertisement

Daisyxx wrote: »
    What's Religious studies like? A lot of work involved? Seems interesting, although I didn't do Religion for the Leaving Cert. Does that matter?

Im thinking of doing this too and i didnt do it for the leaving cert.. i know a girl in second year who did it last year & she said she found it really interesting and not too dificult & she hadnt done it for the lc either :)
    the term address...if you're living on campus, do you still have to register your term address on st pats website?

Am yeah i did anyway & theres an option on it to click a box to say your staying on campus so guessing we do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

You do indeed!

It'll be:
    Your name,
    Your room number & The name of your house,
    St. Patrick's Collge,
    Drumcondra,
    Dublin 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

You do indeed!

It'll be:
    Your name,
    St. Patrick's Collge,
    Drumcondra,
    Dublin 9.

I keep entering it but when I go back into it it keeps saying I havent done it :/

You do indeed!

It'll be:
    Your name,
    St. Patrick's Collge,
    Drumcondra,
    Dublin 9.

I didnt enter my room number but i put in all the rest..is that okay? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 delaraghlassie

anyone know what Oid or Reil mean on the new timetable? it really confuses me :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Oid is Oideachas. Its a space for the odd lecture on Teaching Practice or whatever. You don't have to go unless they tell you specifically to be there. Its usually on a Friday Afternoon or something.

Reil is Reiligiún or Religion. The type of Religion varies depending on your group. One half do Alive O Religion in Semester 1 and Creed (all about spirituality and so forth) in Semester 2. The other half of the year will do it the other way around.

p.s SReil or S(anything) is a Seminar for that lecture.

It is v.confusing alright!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Does anyone know if there's an e-mail address I could use to get in contact with Oifig na Gaeilge in St.Pat's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

Does anyone know if there's an e-mail address I could use to get in contact with Oifig na Gaeilge in St.Pat's?

http://www.facebook.com/cumanngaelachpats

they'll help ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Defygravity

Hey was thinking about doing primary teaching in college next year. Anyone doing music as one of their subjects? If so, is there much performance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Hey was thinking about doing primary teaching in college next year. Anyone doing music as one of their subjects? If so, is there much performance?

I'm not doing music as an academic but there are loads in my class. You have to either be in the choir or be in one of the college music groups in order to do academic music. There are lunchtime concerts every wednesday where students perform. Another thing about academic music is you have to pay for and take individual lessons once a week on your voice/instrument. So that's another expense you have to think of!

Advertisement