Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flip in hair extensions??

• 23-08-2011 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried them? Got my hair cut rihanna style a few months back and loved it for a few weeks til it started growing out. Hate it ever since :rolleyes: it's grown down the nape of my neck at the back now and to the end of my ears at the sides and I can take no more!! Need to do something before it turns into a full blown mowhawk :eek: I heard something about the flip ins on the radio and I'd love to give them a go but I haven't a clue if my hair is long enough. Has anyone used them and if so how much do they cost? I'd be looking for somewhere in Limerick to get them...

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I'd love to try these as well- heard great things about them on the radio. If anyone can recommend a place in Dublin it'd be great, but also am in Limerick quite often (so don't want to hijack your thread entirely mrspostman :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Brown Sugar in Dublin do them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Halo hair extensions is a website that sell them http://www.halohairextensions.com/
    Here is a facebook page for them also http://http://www.facebook.com/halohairextensions
    They are very helpfull just ask any questions through facebook, they're always available to answer.I bought clipin's from them at a great price and great quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'd love to get one but my hair is too short at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I'd love to get one but my hair is too short at the moment.

How short is your hair? Mine is no longer than 4 inches at the back. Popped into Karma hairdressers in Corbally today to ask about it and the girl in there was lovely, she sat me down and went through everything in detail. She put the sample on and explained that because my hair was so short and layered, the extension would have to be chopped and layered too to make it look natural. The length of extensions I wanted would cost 130 and to cut it would cost extra (half the price of a normal cut). It looked kind of strange cos she only had 1 sample which was totally different from my own hair colour but she showed me locks of the other colours it comes in and said that the extensions could be dyed normally and easily to match my own colour more closely. The extensions have to be ordered and take a few days to come in. Im still thinking about it but the hairdresser advised me that it would be much less expensive to just get my own hair trimmed at the back so that it wouldnt look so bad, wait a few more months until it grows out a bit more and then think about getting the extensions again..... So I guess I'm stuck with the mullet for the time being :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Seems like a hell of a lot of money to part with for what is essentially a weft of hair tied with a piece of Miracle Cord!! Would you not be tempted to buy a weft online and do a diy version? Looking at the video tan11ie linked it would be easily done if you sewed a loop of ribbon or fine cord at either end to attach the Miracle cord to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

How short is your hair? Mine is no longer than 4 inches at the back. Popped into Karma hairdressers in Corbally today to ask about it and the girl in there was lovely, she sat me down and went through everything in detail. She put the sample on and explained that because my hair was so short and layered, the extension would have to be chopped and layered too to make it look natural. The length of extensions I wanted would cost 130 and to cut it would cost extra (half the price of a normal cut). It looked kind of strange cos she only had 1 sample which was totally different from my own hair colour but she showed me locks of the other colours it comes in and said that the extensions could be dyed normally and easily to match my own colour more closely. The extensions have to be ordered and take a few days to come in. Im still thinking about it but the hairdresser advised me that it would be much less expensive to just get my own hair trimmed at the back so that it wouldnt look so bad, wait a few more months until it grows out a bit more and then think about getting the extensions again..... So I guess I'm stuck with the mullet for the time being :rolleyes:

Mine is cut as short as a boy!

Advertisement