Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to holland to work.what is the european insurance card

Options
  • 23-08-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

hi im moving to holland next monday.have to obtain a european insurance card,wat is it and where do it get it etc....i heard its a E111 form or can i do it online etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

hi im moving to holland next monday.have to obtain a european insurance card,wat is it and where do it get it etc....i heard its a E111 form or can i do it online etc

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/entitlements/EHIC/Apply_for_EHIC.html

E111 form doesnt exist anymore.

Although its only for a temporary stay (visiting/holidays) once you work in Holland you have to have Dutch Health insurance (around 100/month)

Even if you don't get it now, they'll back charge you when you do apply for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭n900guy

As above, it's compulsory to buy health insurance and there is no discrimination so don't worry about past history, etc., ,.. Your employer just applies fo ryou, it's €86 or so a month for the basic package (e.g., HOlland Zorg), you get a card to prove you have it that you use then.

If you are resident and working here, you must have health insurance or you can be heavily penalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

thanks lads.just done that ehic card online.says it will be posted out to my address.i took the number down and expiry date.then i click temporary certificate and it done me up one in pdf form for temporary use till i get the card.butt the number is the same bar the last digit.cant undersatnad it.gonna have to ring the hse tommorow i think

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

thanks lads.just done that ehic card online.says it will be posted out to my address.i took the number down and expiry date.then i click temporary certificate and it done me up one in pdf form for temporary use till i get the card.butt the number is the same bar the last digit.cant undersatnad it.gonna have to ring the hse tommorow i think

Do you realise that the card is going to be useless to you if you are becoming a Dutch resident? In fact the opposite will be the case, you'll need a Dutch EHIC card when you are on holiday in Ireland! Twice I've had a situation when one of my kids needed medical attention while on holiday and I've been asked for the Swiss card on each occasion.

Jim (Switzerland)

Advertisement