Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

painting on new plaster

• 23-08-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

the title isn't totally accurate but here goes.i have just spent a while peeling paint off of the cieling.the previous owner obviously painted straight onto new plaster so when i repaint do i need to water the paint down first and if so to what mixture.also i have just put up new plasterboard but having the lined side out to paint/paper on.where i have to scrim tape and plaster over the joints does that have to be"primed" first like the ceiling/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

You need to water the paint down the first coat just seals it some people tell you to ad pollybond or pva this should never be done that is more than likely what has happened to your paint it just seals in the damp and peels ata later stage, you should never sand or seal new plaster just google it

Advertisement