Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Harry up to

Options
  • 23-08-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

I know I will get slated for this but here goes anyway.
    The main person who seems to be upsetting Modric at the moment is Harry. Every time I turn on Sky Sports News or log on to the website Harry is making another comment that the chairman says modric goin nowhere and then his head is not right etc. I think Harry just wants the money so he can make some of his "famous" moves on the transfer market. Lest we forget this will further line the pockets of his agent friends as has happened many times in the past. Harry is a bluffer and we are set to return to mid table mediocrity unless he goes. I fear things could go astray in a major fashion unless we get someone who is less concerned with being on Skt Sports and more interested in managing the players.
    Rant over. Feel free to disagree

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

his neck in shit by the looks of things.

(Sorry, couldn't resist that one)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

IMHO

The only thing upsetting Modric is Mr Greedy

Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money

Take the money and feck off

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

By constantly talking about what he could do with the money gained from selling Luka Harry is preparing his excuses for the possibility (some would say probability) that Luka will be sold but at such a late stage that we won't get anyone of note in to replace him.

Should things go tits up then Harry points at his summer of comments and says "I told you so"

I'll also add I cannot believe hos simplistic the press have been in playing along with that. The idea that we can take £30m+ for Modric and buy 3 or 4 top players (and pay their wages) is ludicrous, particulalrly considering they have referenced Llorente and Rossi in the same breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'll also add I cannot believe hos simplistic the press have been in playing along with that. The idea that we can take £30m+ for Modric and buy 3 or 4 top players (and pay their wages) is ludicrous, particulalrly considering they have referenced Llorente and Rossi in the same breath.

Spot on. Get 30 plus and sign 3 or 4 is wishful thinking. The likes of Marin or Hazard would probably cost 20 plus, so unless he has a few African gems hidden away in a bunker, he is talking shi*e.

Anyway, Harry has gotten even more under my skin this summer. His constant remarks and comments about Modric have been a joke.

Can he not learn to drive passed reporters and reject media requests for interviews ? No, he cant, all geared toward his departure next summer. All coming from the same fella who has a go at fans for venting there feelings, the same ones who pay his wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

never a fan of harry to be honest but his constant twatter of Modric being a triffic professional is utter b*llix... the little sh1t refused to travel to old trafford !!! Aswell as Harrys constant under-mining and questioning of the chairman in the media... to be honest Georgous George the Gooner got sacked for less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Modric will be going nowhere

galinka wrote: »
    Modric will be going nowhere

Aaaare you Levy in disguise, are you levy in disguise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14702987.stm

Worst preseason ever..?! I have to agree with the man.... We've practically put 90% of our squad up for sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

It's difficult when everybody is talking about Luka going every minute of the day, especially when top of that list is our gobby manager.

Give me fúcking strength.

I'm not looking at any more interviews with him cos I'm getting angry, but here's the one I saw on the BBC site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14702987.stm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The whole start of that is exactly what I said in my first post on this thread, "it ain't my fault guv it's the chairman"

Harry's record in last 54 games vs the entire Ramos reign tells a tale...

Redknapp

P54 22W 15L 17D

Ramos

P54 21W 17L 16D

• Advertisement

It's difficult when everybody is talking about Luka going every minute of the day, especially when top of that list is our gobby manager.

Give me fúcking strength.

I'm not looking at any more interviews with him cos I'm getting angry, but here's the one I saw on the BBC site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14702987.stm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The whole start of that is exactly what I said in my first post on this thread, "it ain't my fault guv it's the chairman"

Harry's record in last 54 games vs the entire Ramos reign tells a tale...

Redknapp

P54 22W 15L 17D

Ramos

P54 21W 17L 16D

Spot on Ronan, HR has done nothing but add fuel to the fire all summer.

He's on TV almost every f@ckin day!
    "the chairman does the deals", "I've known for a long time who I want", "Luka's a great boy but he's had his head turned", "its down to the wages, we can't compete" and on, and on....

Talk about airing your dirty laundry in public!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Bloody hell... HR looks pretty desperate there, esp at the start on the sky sports link.

Very unsettling... I can't put my finger on it but there's something very wrong behind the scenes. Maybe it is the fact that HR might be going next summer (but at this rate it he wont be going to the England job).

We basically have the same squad of players who got us to the CL 2 years ago and got us the 1/4's last year. These are quality players, they didnt get sh1te over-night.

We basically have the same squad of players who got us to the CL 2 years ago and got us the 1/4's last year. These are quality players, they didnt get sh1te over-night.

Yes, but everyone around us have strengthened, have we ?

No, ... no we havent.

We've desperate for a few players to hit form. Bale, Lennon, VDV are all out of sorts. The strikers are desperately short on confidence and now the defense is a shambles.

The strikers are desperately short on confidence and now the defense is a shambles.

The strikers are not good enough, simple as, and the defence is being made look worse than it is because they are getting no protection from the midfield imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

I have the feeling Arry wants out..

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

No, ... no we havent.

We've desperate for a few players to hit form. Bale, Lennon, VDV are all out of sorts. The strikers are desperately short on confidence and now the defense is a shambles.

So apart from our midfield, strikers and defense, we're grand.

We need a new RB, 2 CB's, 2 MF's (3 if Luka goes) and at least 1 more striker.

Then we'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

What's the story with Dos Santos?

• Advertisement

Pretty good article on HR here:
    http://oneinthehole.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/why-harry-redknapp-is-no-longer-the-manager-to-take-spurs-forward/

I'm starting to believe Harry intended on us losing against City. Last season he wouldn't play Niko if you begged him, then he starts Niko and Luka against arguably the strongest forward line in the premiership!

Could this have been a shot at the chairman to tell him he needed to sign Harry's targets? Parker, Cole etc...

Strange goings on at the Lane....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

very good article alright. Its a dead season... roll on 2012 and bring in anchelotti

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, that was quite a good article. Certainly doesn't make him sound too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Agree with that article. On question it doesnt explore is why Harry is always going back for same players he previously managed. Again I wonder is this to do with his links to certain agents. Anyway will be interesting to see who if anyone we sign by the end of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

After Spurs failure to invest during the window, does anyone else think this was a deliberate move by Levy not to give Redknapp any funds, with a view to replacing him in the summer and instead giving the funds to a new manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

tommyhaas wrote: »
    After Spurs failure to invest during the window, does anyone else think this was a deliberate move by Levy not to give Redknapp any funds, with a view to replacing him in the summer and instead giving the funds to a new manager?

Yep, definitely. I mentioned in another thread too that I'd imagine Levy will definitely sell Modric next summer, when Harry leaves, giving the new manager money to buy whoever they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I defended Harry a lot last year, here, on the SF and in real life but I'm fed up with him at this stage. Since about February on we've been so uninspiring, only the Milan result was a real positive. The sooner he goes the better imo, but I really hope he pulls the team together and we at least challenge for fourth ( goes without saying really)..
    Having said that, when he does go he deserves praise for bringing us to the CL, it was a huge achievement. And also for beating Arsenal 3-2 on their home patch, that was a pretty good day too:p

Pretty good article on HR here:
    http://oneinthehole.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/why-harry-redknapp-is-no-longer-the-manager-to-take-spurs-forward/

I'm starting to believe Harry intended on us losing against City. Last season he wouldn't play Niko if you begged him, then he starts Niko and Luka against arguably the strongest forward line in the premiership!

Could this have been a shot at the chairman to tell him he needed to sign Harry's targets? Parker, Cole etc...

Strange goings on at the Lane....

Just read this. Good article. I agree with most of it. I have never been a harry fan, although i have praised him for parts of his time at spurs. Wont be sad to see him go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

FA chiefs are hatching an emergency plan to install Harry Redknapp as England manager for the Euro 2012 finals - THE PEOPLE

Read this this morning on Sky, dont know how credible the People is though as a source. And if it were true I'd still assume he'd be staying with us until May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 davemac24

and who could come in a do a better job if harry goes?

Advertisement