Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Harry up to

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

davemac24 wrote: »
    and who could come in a do a better job if harry goes?

Our next manager....Carlo Ancellotti

and who i hope it isnt ......the fat spanish waiter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

BERBA wrote: »
    Our next manager....Carlo Ancellotti

and who i hope it isnt ......the fat spanish waiter.

i hate the waiter! absolutely hate the ****er

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I wouldn't be surprised if we got Moyes. He must be getting sick of Everton at this stage, spent the last few years looking for bargains. Would make a nice a change for him coming to Spurs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

THFC wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if we got Moyes. He must be getting sick of Everton at this stage, spent the last few years looking for bargains. Would make a nice a change for him coming to Spurs :)

moyes would be class

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Moyes would be great, but i doubt he'd leave Everton. Not for Spurs anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Moyes all the way.

There are other, younger talented managers out there but I think Moyes has earned his stripes more then anyone else in the PL (except for 1 or 2 obvious one - SAF, AW etc). I think he'd get the respect of the existing squad and he'd be able to attract plenty of good players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Kiith wrote: »
    Moyes would be great, but i doubt he'd leave Everton. Not for Spurs anyway.

Course he would he must be sick of them by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

What about Mark Hughes, he is available.
    Moyes is great working with a limited budget, but would he be like a kid in a sweetshop at spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Harry all the way
    Not perfect by any means, but he's done very well so far

Finished 8th, from being bottom in Nov
    Finished 4th
    Finished 5th + QF of Champions League

Very acceptable in my opinion
    Actually happen to like the guy as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

And I feel the opposite, said it before and i'll say it again, football is all about opinions :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    And I feel the opposite, said it before and i'll say it again, football is all about opinions :D;)

Indeed it is:)

Tactically the bloke is very naive , he hasnt got a clue what he is doing at the best of times. He is lucky in that he has inherited a half decent bunch of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Tactically the bloke is very naive , he hasnt got a clue what he is doing at the best of times. He is lucky in that he has inherited a half decent bunch of players.

True he inherited some decent players, but how tactically naive can you be to finish 4th over 38 games and to then guide those same players to the last 8 of the most elite competition in Europe. He has made some mistakes as will any manager but people easily brush aside what he has done for Spurs imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

How in the name of god is he Naive tactically. He played against Milan in the last 16. Idetified Antonini as our weaklink on the left, and Yepes playing LCB, so he sent Modric, Lennon and Bale all down the right as much as possible. left Milan all the time and space they wanted for Abate to make runs into becuase he loves going forward then all of a sudden switch Bale back across soon as you can and attack that spot.

Man is a tactical genius. He turned Assou Ekotto into one of the most trustworth left backs in the EPL. Proves time and time again that he was right to buy Kaboul who very rarely has a poor game.
    great man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Harry all the way
    Not perfect by any means, but he's done very well so far

Finished 8th, from being bottom in Nov
    Finished 4th
    Finished 5th + QF of Champions League

Very acceptable in my opinion

Every chance we will only appreciate this after Harry has left. Compared to my previous 25 years as a spurs fan, the above is pretty damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Totally agree with you mushy and dublinspur its just a bad start no need to panic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Every chance we will only appreciate this after Harry has left. Compared to my previous 25 years as a spurs fan, the above is pretty damn good.

This is so true, I think his good results have brought higher expectations which is inevitable but from my personal point of view the last couple of seasons have been the best of my Spurs supporting life (25 years approx). This is down to Harry's management I believe, so if he stays in charge for seasons to come I will not complain.

leposean wrote: »
    Man is a tactical genius.

:D Are you Jamie in disguise

KingdomYid wrote: »
    This is so true, I think his good results have brought higher expectations which is inevitable but from my personal point of view the last couple of seasons have been the best of my Spurs supporting life (25 years approx). This is down to Harry's management I believe, so if he stays in charge for seasons to come I will not complain.

Chaps, dont get me wrong. I appreciate the good work he has done. He did very well to get us in to the CL and to the last 8, I certainly couldn't argue with that.

It's the other things that have really got to me. The way he has treated some players, his continued media whoring, his several negative comments relating to spurs fans after games that have gone wrong and his general persona at times. Nobodys perfect I suppose..

leposean wrote: »
    How in the name of god is he Naive tactically. He played against Milan in the last 16. Idetified Antonini as our weaklink on the left, and Yepes playing LCB, so he sent Modric, Lennon and Bale all down the right as much as possible. left Milan all the time and space they wanted for Abate to make runs into becuase he loves going forward then all of a sudden switch Bale back across soon as you can and attack that spot.

Man is a tactical genius. He turned Assou Ekotto into one of the most trustworth left backs in the EPL. Proves time and time again that he was right to buy Kaboul who very rarely has a poor game.
    great man

We are talking about the same bloke who dragged pompey and southampton in to the championship ?

• Advertisement

Chaps, dont get me wrong. I appreciate the good work he has done. He did very well to get us in to the CL and to the last 8, I certainly couldn't argue with that.

It's the other things that have really got to me. The way he has treated some players, his continued media whoring, his several negative comments relating to spurs fans after games that have gone wrong and his general persona at times. Nobodys perfect I suppose..

Hahahaha, he is indeed the master media whore, but in fairness, it makes sense to get the press onside before you get the england job. It might buy him an extra few months when things go arseways.
    We are talking about the same bloke who dragged pompey and southampton in to the championship ?

Well, they were both crap! And he did come back and save Pompey from getting relegated again.
    Now, his decisions do drive me bananas at times as well but i dont think anyone could have done a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

That's fair enough. We had a bloody good month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

.. makes you wonder what would happen if parker was missing for a few weeks. He's made a huge difference and I know its early days but if he was missing for say - newcastle .. I wouldnt hold up much hope of a result without him.

.. makes you wonder what would happen if parker was missing for a few weeks. He's made a huge difference and I know its early days but if he was missing for say - newcastle .. I wouldnt hold up much hope of a result without him.

not a good sign if your saying we'd have no chance of getting a result at newcastle without scott parker..sandro is not badd either mate ;)

not a good sign if your saying we'd have no chance of getting a result at newcastle without scott parker..sandro is not badd either mate ;)

Was about to say the same thing! Sandro can cover centre midfield just as well as Parker.

Advertisement