Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network solutions 1 .eu and 2 .com domains €108.70

• 23-08-2011 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

i have 1 .EU domain and 2 .COM domains with network solutions and they are looking for €108.70 to renew these domains, on a 1 year basis, with no hosting, mad or what!!

can anyone recommend a good registrar to transfer them to that are reasonable priced? are godaddy.com any good?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Godaddy are cheap.. $10 max per domain for .com but i dont know about .edu
    But i wouldnt touch godaddy any more as they have the hapit of selling ure domains without telling you and not renewing and other scary stories..

Personally i would go with namecheap.com ... Same price pretty much and free whois also.. again im not sure about .eu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Godaddy are cheap.. $10 max per domain for .com but i dont know about .edu
    But i wouldnt touch godaddy any more as they have the hapit of selling ure domains without telling you and not renewing and other scary stories..

Personally i would go with namecheap.com ... Same price pretty much and free whois also.. again im not sure about .eu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

LH2011 wrote: »
    i have 1 .EU domain and 2 .COM domains with network solutions and they are looking for €108.70 to renew these domains, on a 1 year basis, with no hosting, mad or what!!

can anyone recommend a good registrar to transfer them to that are reasonable priced? are godaddy.com any good?

cheers

That's quite pricey. I use Joker.com for my .coms - about €8 per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Namecheap.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are several hundred registrars that you can choose from ..
    prices will vary etc.,

Don't choose based on price alone

(And I am obviously incredibly biased .. but I've never hidden that :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

LH2011 wrote: »

cheers

Quick note: you need to pay a certain amount to transfer them to another registrar.

BTW that price is ridiculous. Use the Irish owned registrar (wish i was working for them!!!!).

Advertisement