Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which pump?

• 23-08-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

I have a hybrid bike that I plan to use once or twice a week for short outings (30 to 60 minutes, not too far from home). Just noticed this evening that the tyres are flat/soft.

I presume I need a pump with a guage(?). I've had a look on Amazon & Argos and some of them get mixed reviews.

On the tyres it says "700 X 28c" and reccomended pressure is 115 to 125 psi. Any pump reccomended? Any to avoid? How much do I need to spend to get something that works and won't break? I don't need to take it outside of the apartment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 alanjgalbraith

For the house and car boot I'd recommend the Topeak Joe Blow Track Pump from Halfords for good quality build and value with a decent gauge and very good valve connections. Used one for 2 years and still solid performer. Joe Blow 2 just got 9/10 in Cycling Active August 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anthonyvbyrne

LIDL. 7 Euro - some cent. A ground pump, German made with a gague. I bought one today, and i am genuinely astounded by the quality for the price. I saw similar pumps in a bikeshop for c 25 to 30 Euro.

LIDL Trim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Check out the latest 'Cycling Plus' mag on sale - you don't actually have to buy it just take a quick peek. They reviewed a whole load of mini, midi and full length pumps. The Zefal HPX Classic gets top marks.

Advertisement