Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable Panel Beater?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to do a small repair job on my car ? There is a big dent by the boot :(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Post up a photo and we can advise you Barr!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Here is the damage , I've got a replacement taillight on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Yeouch! More than what I could help out with anyway Barr. I'd recommend BodyImage in Ballincollig for a good job at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

No worries Owen :) - I probably will have to get the back quater panel painted. Not as small a job as I first thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

try Donie O'Reardon on Forge Hill just off the airport road - 087 251 5137

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

Andip wrote: »
    try Donie O'Reardon on Forge Hill just off the airport road - 087 251 5137

After last winter's mayhem, with sizeable damage on the car, I tried several panel beaters for a realistic quote. I DID NOT have a good experience at Forge Hill, in fact I was told a lot of twaddle. After extensive searching I lighted on a Pat Cooney of Douglas Crash Repairs who did an excellent job at a fair price. I also considered another panel beater off Anglesea Stree [name escapes me just now], close to Canty's Garage who also offered a very reasonable deal, and it was a toss-up between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I got some work done by Kevin Neville on forge hill before and was happy out with him. Sound guy and a good price. There are loads of good ones around really...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

There is a user who often is in this forum called PaintDoctor who I thought was into this area of business. You could send him a PM - I heard he does a very good job though I have no personal experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

wispyman wrote: »
    There is a user who often is in this forum called PaintDoctor who I thought was into this area of business. You could send him a PM - I heard he does a very good job though I have no personal experience.

He is useless. A fella called Owen that posted above is a pure pro..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bugs_bus

Niall Nagle of Patrick Nagle & Son panel beaters is excellent, in business for decades and very good value. In Cork city too 087 233 9552

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

bugs_bus wrote: »
    Niall Nagle of Patrick Nagle & Son panel beaters is excellent, in business for decades and very good value. In Cork city too 087 233 9552

Original post is over a year old......

Well sorted by now I'd say..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bugs_bus

Can't be that stale if you're so quick on it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

bugs_bus wrote: »
    Can't be that stale if you're so quick on it!!!

In fact,the original post is 3 years old..

Was just wondering why an old post was dug up...

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

I own a Honda which I bought at J&P in Mahon. After I had an awkward prang including the plastic bumper and the metal skin, they pointed me to J. Hartnett in Travers street (4274440)
    They did a spot on job. Just a reccomendation.

Advertisement