Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossfire with Physx card?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm all for the ostentatious but what are you doing that would require crossfire 6950s? Are we doing like, 5-screen 3D Eyefinity or something in Deus Ex?

For any Single screen solution you might as well just go one 6950 (or hell, a 6990 - you're a baller) and the physX card. Not that I regard PhysX very highly, but to each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Overheal wrote: »
    I'm all for the ostentatious but what are you doing that would require crossfire 6950s? Are we doing like, 5-screen 3D Eyefinity or something in Deus Ex?

For any Single screen solution you might as well just go one 6950 (or hell, a 6990 - you're a baller) and the physX card. Not that I regard PhysX very highly, but to each their own.

Well i'm only running a 2 monitor setup atm, someone on the build and upgrading forum recommended the 6950's as they were cheaper then a single 6990. But during my research over the past few days i have given up on this idea due to the micro stuttering issues.

I have actually settled on this 6990. Using the other card as a physX card was just an idea since i have it lying around and if i could put it to use it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It has Odin on the cover. You can't lose!

Advertisement