Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a venue with good wifi?

Options
  • 23-08-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking to host an evening meeting (6-8pm, either wed, thurs or fri) for hopefully a dozen or more people. Main criteria is quality internet access as we'll be having a special guest appearance via skype. Access to a big screen would be cool but not essential, and beverages would be nice too.

Does anyone know of a good venue for this in the city centre?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bar in the Gresham Hotel

Who is the special guest? Are they famous? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Left

Nah, they're not famous...yet, anyway. It's a crew from Canada who offer a service for turning websites into mobile apps. They've offered to give us a presentation. Thanks for the suggestion. Will check out the Gresham.

Any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Mc Donalds :P

Nooooooo...but, thanks for making a suggestion :p I'm always on the look out for decent wifi spots and McDonalds has come up before. Unfortunately for that, I haven't set foot in a MickyD's since 1997 or something...

Any other suitable places?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

The National Conference Centre?? They should have meeting rooms of all sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭YIA

Aviva Stadium has a savage connection and WiFi everywhere.
    Rooms for 12-1000 I think and big screens in all the boxes

Thanks everyone.

Is this theccd.ie the National Conference Centre?

Both the Conference Centre and Aviva Stadium look brilliant. We're tentatively planning for a Joomla Day Ireland eventually so I'll revisit these for that.

For this meeting though, I like the idea of a pub/cafe setting so it's kept really casual and chilled...Hard enough to find a pub or bar with good wifi it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I don't think you'll get any pub that will facilitate you having a video conference while just sitting there. You'd need to rent a room somewhere or else do it at someones house. Besides, most pubs would be too noisy/busy for that after 6 in the evening

Good point. I was picturing a nook or something, I guess. A big nook :)

We actually had a few meetings in the upstairs of McDaids. It was perfect in one respect - no noise. But also no wifi. We were using our 3 connection, which I didn't want to risk this time around in case it's too slow.

Advertisement