Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking for donegal/dublin game

Options
  • 23-08-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi guys..im for croker this weekend and im driving this time instecheersad of taking the bus..anybody recommend any safe parking in or around the stadium...dont mind paying either...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Theres a big hospital 10mins walk from Croker, can't remember its name.

Last time I was down they had parking in its grounds, up on the grass. Charged €10 per car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

NIMAN wrote: »
    Theres a big hospital 10mins walk from Croker, can't remember its name.

Last time I was down they had parking in its grounds, up on the grass. Charged €10 per car.

Thats the matter, but i duno of they will do that now, they are in the process of rebuilding the hospital as far as I know, was past it on yesterday, wasn't much space around the grounds due to the work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Depends how far your willing to walk. What I usually do is park in finglas, for free, and get a 40a/b/c/d to Whitworth Rd and walk from there. Theres a few spaces around Glasnevin cematery but I'd imagine they'll be snapped up fairly quick, I think theyre free too. Theres a pub across from Porter House North (North end of Whitworth Rd) that do pay and display. I think your better off parking a bit away, less traffic to compete with when tryin to get back out after the big win ;););)

edit: Theres also Iona Rd but thats usually jammers and your more or less parking in peoples estates, also free :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

park at the Redcow Luas stop and get the Luas in as far as Connolly station and walk over to Croake Park, this way you are parked close to the M50 for a handy exit. Map here

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Could also park in the long stay park at the airport and taxi it in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

park at the Redcow Luas stop and get the Luas in as far as Connolly station and walk over to Croake Park, this way you are parked close to the M50 for a handy exit. Map here

Imo this is probably the best option. The other option would be to park somewhere along the train/DART line north of the city and get a train to Connolly.

The immediate area around Croker obviously tends to be a nightmare on matchdays, not worth parking around the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Another park and ride option is to use M3 Parkway (just off the M3 outside Dunboyne, 10 mins from the M50), where you can get the train right to Drumcondra (beside Quinns). Parking will not be an issue.

If you're there earlier enough, try the Fairview area, can be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Posted the following in the GAA thread. Might be useful for anyone planning to stay overnight.
    Just trawling through a couple of web sites looking at the accommodation and for anyone looking to stay Saturday night there are some good deals to be had hereAlternatively for anyone thinking of staying over on Sunday night you could just change the date over towards the top left of the page and then search

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭djdeclan

I'd advise parking somewhere north of croke park and getting a bus. The Omnipark shopping centre in Santry could be a good bet, there are a couple of buses going past that will drop you off quite close. Take a look at the dublin bus website to get an idea of the bus routes passing close by the stadium and plan from there. The Dart is also a good option as connolly is less than 10 minutes walk from Croke park.

I find you are better parking as far away as possible and getting public transport the last bit of the journey. There won't be any traffic on the dart line and the buses can use the bus lanes so they will get out of town much quicker than you will if you drive in and park close by. Also parking further out will likely be free.

The luas is a good idea in theory but i would say that the dublin support will also be using it to travel to and from the game so the luas itself could be packed.

I'm living in Dublin these days and if anyone wants to pm me I could point you in the direction of a few free parking spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Chipbutty

Thinking of using this option and walk the rest (20min walk if I remember corrrectly). Only a €5 on match day once you show your tickets. Anyone used this before on Match day??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Will be serious traffic on match day trying to get outta there

Advertisement