Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to study Leaving Cert Music in Cork?

• 23-08-2011 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I can't do Leaving Cert Music in my school and was wondering where is the best place to study music, outside of school, in Cork? Anybody got any experience of doing it in Cork School of Music, Cork City Music College or anywhere I haven't heard of? Is it better to do it over 1 year (6th Year) or two years (5th & 6th Year)?
    Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sckool

Bruce College in Cork City do it as an extra subject every Monday evenings from 5.30-6.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tommyboy123

Thanks very much for that. I hadn't thought of Bruce. Any idea how successful Bruce is for Music? Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sckool

Its very good however, you must do the practical element i.e.instrument lessons on ur own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

regarding your 1 year/2 year query, i did music over two years in school and got a B1. i then repeated my leaving (unsatisfactory points) and as a result, did the new music course in one year, and got a B2. however, this was only because the one composer we were told to focus less on came up as the main question that year. take what you want from that :P

Advertisement